Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 MDT. Sydney V Hawthorn. SCG. 19.20 pm.

Out of hospital just in time for Horforn. That'll do my recuperation the world of good! Those nurses though...

Now, where was I? Ah, yes... #lolhorf

Our form is irrelevant. Our capabilities are irrelevant. This game plays out in one of two ways; the Hawks play poorly and we scrape over the line by 2 goals, or the Hawks play well and thrash us by around 10 goals.

My hope for tonight is that we can escape this time loop we've been mired in over the past olympiad. To forget who we are and become something new. It's now or never.

Senior Player
    Super nervous tonight. Go Swannies!

Go the ginger ninja!

How good is Naismith playing.

Senior Player
    A wasteful quarter but the men are here to play! Can't fault their endeavour. Papley is a star in the making, just needs to tighten up those disposals.

17ds1o.jpg

I don't think I've ever flipped the bird at a monitor as much as I have to #freekickhawthorn players.

A good first quarter, but we haven't got near true value for our dominance. Wasteful in our forward fifty - we should really have 2 or 3 more goals then we did. If we keep dominating the centre clearances and hitouts like that, we will be tough to beat tonight, but the Dawks look like they are going to have one of those nights where they are going to kick just about every chance they get.

The one real let down with Papley at the moment is his use of ball by foot. Did brilliantly to rove the ball and then missed on the run from 15 out, missed that set shot, and also blew a great chance when he kicked short to buddy instead of going deep to a 1 on 1 - made worse by the fact he missed Buddy by a mile. I really like the kid but we can't afford to waste chances against the best teams.

Naismith has started really well - impressed with how hard he is working and hope he can keep it up all night.

Come on Swannies!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Really wish we made more of our chances because we know the hawks will get on top at some stage.

Senior Player
    I hate Hawthorn and Puopolo. They don't miss.

EDIT: dumb from Naismith, had to punch that away. Shocking.
    Can't believe no free from Hodges tackle on Sinclair. Sling tackle, head straight into the turf. The umps clearly don't care about the players safety.
    Last edited by Blue Sun; 14th July 2016 at 09:07 PM.

Senior Player
    This is killing me... it is going to be Hawks by 60 at this rate...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    This is killing me... it is going to be Hawks by 60 at this rate...
    They're lucky not to be further down than 11 points. Terrible disposals, wasting forward surges. Papley literally has 0% kicking efficiency tonight. We won't beat the Hawks like this. Umpires haven't been kind, either.

Veterans List
    I really really really hate hearing Bruce commentating hawks games. It is so nauseating.

We are struggling big time at the moment as I suspected it would happen at some stage. Hopefully we can hold on and not let the lead get too far away.

Any chance we can get a holding the ball??

Where's Kieren? I think I have seen him once.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast