Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The umpires need to be investigated.

The umpires need to be investigated.

Seriously. That's a @@@@ing joke.

How long are Hawthorn players allowed to hold onto the ball before disposing of it? Every single time it happened to us we get pinged.

I'm completely embarrassed by us 'being nice supporters.' That is complete bull@@@@ and so is this result.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Seriously. That's a @@@@ing joke.

How long are Hawthorn players allowed to hold onto the ball before disposing of it? Every single time it happened to us we get pinged.

I'm completely embarrassed by us 'being nice supporters.' That is complete bull@@@@ and so is this result.
    Normally I am happy to accept that some umpiring decisions can be hard to decipher however tonight was the most baffling and infuriating night I have seen for many a year. I believe I saw at least five incorrect disposals by oppidition players go undetected . The frees for the Swans in the last 1/4 were just an evening up process. Shocking night by the officials

Firstly another very close game the swans have lost which really shatters our confidence. Can't really make any excuses, that's 3 recent games that the swans should have taken advantage on but lost all and has already hurt our September chances.

Yes the umpiring was horrible and those 50s plus the count was brutal. Another seriously close game for Hawks where the umpires massaged them, not a good look at all and of course the umpires are immune from criticism within the afl.

Kilroy, when you compose yourself. Go hard go long and go often. I'm over afl at the moment. It is a joke. Let's just give hawthorn the 4 in a row and start the 2017 season now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Kilroy, when you compose yourself. Go hard go long and go often. I'm over afl at the moment. It is a joke. Let's just give hawthorn the 4 in a row and start the 2017 season now
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you and from all accounts there are many on social media who do too and it makes you think the must be something in it when opposition fans are sick of hawks frees and are actually sticking up for the swans cos we all know they dont like us

- - - Updated - - -

Further to my post above - Brad Scott was right in complaining about the umpires and lo and behold it was when they played Hawks

Ive never felt so hurt and betrayed by umpiring before. Truly disgraceful. I'm @@@@ing over it.

Senior Player
    We are obviously are the most undisciplined and unskillful team in the competition, as we keep giving away free kicks. Every game vs a Melbourne side except for Essendon has resulted in more free kicks given away than rewarded. 16 games this season, 10 with more free kicks given away, 3 tied, and 3 where we got more free kicks vs GWS once, Essendon and GC... what a coincidence?

Hawks 15 - 9
    Geelong 24 - 23
    Bulldogs 17 - 16
    Melbourne 17 - 16
    GWS 22 - 15
    GC 14 - 19
    NM 20 - 20
    Hawthorn 15 - 12
    Richmond 28 - 26
    Essendon 18 - 21
    Brisbane 23 - 19
    West Coast 19 - 19
    Adelaide 23 - 21
    GWS 19 - 30
    Carlton 23 - 23
    Collingwood 23 - 18

The only solace I take is that it's eerily similar to 2012. Win to Hawks away. Lose by the skin of our teeth at the SCG.

We always lose when Hodge is in.

The loss doesn't surprise me as I was expecting it, but to lose it in that way makes me just want to give up this sport. It's just not worth following a comp that's completely corrupt.

Am I the only that sees the Hawks player blocking the man on the mark. The do it all the time without penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    We are obviously are the most undisciplined and unskillful team in the competition, as we keep giving away free kicks. Every game vs a Melbourne side except for Essendon has resulted in more free kicks given away than rewarded. 16 games this season, 10 with more free kicks given away, 3 tied, and 3 where we got more free kicks vs GWS once, Essendon and GC... what a coincidence?

Hawks 15 - 9
    Geelong 24 - 23
    Bulldogs 17 - 16
    Melbourne 17 - 16
    GWS 22 - 15
    GC 14 - 19
    NM 20 - 20
    Hawthorn 15 - 12
    Richmond 28 - 26
    Essendon 18 - 21
    Brisbane 23 - 19
    West Coast 19 - 19
    Adelaide 23 - 21
    GWS 19 - 30
    Carlton 23 - 23
    Collingwood 23 - 18
    Hard to argue with that.
    Looks like we do infringe more than most, or the umps reckon we do .
    So apart from a professional foul, study the rules boys, even though some of them seem ridiculous (10m zone ).

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think there's a real conspiracy in Hawthorn's favour, although I concede that's probably more based around a skeptic view of "surely that sort of thing doesn't really go on", but I'd be curious to know just what it is. Is it something to do with their training regime and they just have remarkable core strength across the board, so a team with JPK's ability to stand in the tackle longer seems uneven and we focus on the anomalies? Is it group think on the rest of the AFL fandom's behalf that leads us to collectively view everything as an example? Have they been trained in specific techniques that other teams need to cotton on to on how to make free kicks that could go to them appear more obvious and conceal those that should go against them?

It's probably the first game I've walked away from in a while genuinely feeling the umpiring ruined the enjoyment of it, and did find myself thinking "I kind of get the whole #freekickhawthorn thing".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

.... if the swans played the ball and not the man, they wouldn't give away so many free kicks.
    On the other hand, I called about 20 things the cheaters did that didn't get penalised.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast