Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Blacktown

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

All in all a good afternoon but a good awful place to get to. Sooner we get a decent base like Macquarie Uni sorted for our twos and training the better
    Dont tell me you went out to blacktown by yourself on public transport?.
    Lol

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I'd like to say thanks to all the posters to this thread.
    Thoroughly enjoying the discussion about what's happening in the reserves, the future of young players, etc.
    +1
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Aliir the only player from Thursday night there I saw.
    Naismith, Rohan and Towers were also there from the Thursday nighters.

Longmire left his seat in the stand multiple times to go down to the bench to mentor players and liaise with Nick Davis and the runners, presumably to deliver messages. I got the impression he wanted to see certain things from certain players with a view to the next few weeks.

Zac Jones diagnosis 4-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Naismith, Rohan and Towers were also there from the Thursday nighters.

Longmire left his seat in the stand multiple times to go down to the bench to mentor players and liaise with Nick Davis and the runners, presumably to deliver messages. I got the impression he wanted to see certain things from certain players with a view to the next few weeks.

Zac Jones diagnosis 4-6 weeks.
    Forgot about Gary who I saw at the canteen area.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It took me barely an hour and a quarter in each direction to drive to Blacktown today from the Eastern suburbs, with roadworks along the M4 limiting the speed limit to 80kmph for about half of the stretch and decent amounts of traffic along Parramatta Road and through Surrey Hills. There is also ample free parking (for a NEAFL game). I realise it's not that easy to get to without your own transport, but otherwise it's accessible enough and, as Ugg says, a reasonably good facility.
    This venue is about a 10-15 minute walk from Rooty Hill station.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Clearances

• Nankervis 9
    • Heeney 7
    • Foote 6
    • Jack 5
    • Brown 2
    • McFadden 2
    • Rose 2
    • Cunningham 1
    • Davis 1
    • Dawson 1
    • Hiscox 1
    • Leonardis 1
    • Murray 1
    • Richards 1

Swans 40 Suns 42

I read somewhere that Foote played off half back last weekend and is a possibility to replace Jones this week. Comments/thoughts from those who saw last weeks game and if you think he could fill that role for us???

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

As I posted in the Changes v Carlton thread, I'm pretty sure Foote didn't play in defence on the weekend, or if he did it was for short periods in the 2nd half when the ball was constantly down in our forward half.

He has played there in the past so he wouldn't be totally out of position but he's been predominantly used in the midfield all year. The Carlton forwards don't seem very dangerous to me (Matthew Wright and Gibbs are their leading goalscorers?!) but I guess we are looking longer term given the length of Jones's diagnosis.

Veterans List
    Surely this would be an ideal time to try Newman who seems to keep doing the job in the ressies? Don't think Jones will play a part in the finals so need to find someone who has played the same role and hope they stand up at senior level.

We rolled the dice late in the season on Biggs a few years ago and he was very good, always thought we should have kept him and now doing nicely for the Dogs. Think this is Newman's time, if he makes it we can use Jones further up the field next year.

Regular in the Side
    Newman has to be promoted first but there is no room at the moment I think

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Newman has to be promoted first but there is no room at the moment I think

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk
    There might be a spot, but whether the club wants to use it is another matter. AJ, Tippett and Talia have all been placed on the LTIL. I think Robinson was too, though not certain of that. Papley, Marsh and Foote have been promoted to fill three spots. So it depends on a) whether Robinson was placed on the list; and b) if he was, how far off he is to returning to football. He and Marsh both running for the reserves on Saturday suggests they might both be quite close to resuming.

Edit: Robinson was placed on the list, though as above, that doesn't mean they are about to promote another. I have no idea of the rules of chopping and changing promoted players against those they were originally elected to replace. To illustrate, Papley was initially touted as replacing Rohan. But once Rohan returned, he must have nominally replaced one of the other injured players.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-1...rm-injury-list
    Last edited by liz; 18th July 2016 at 10:36 PM.

They've relaxed the rules regarding chopping and changing promoted players, you can do so quite freely provided you have the spots on the senior list.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast