Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is this cheating? -Developing relationships with umpires off-field

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Totally agree. But under gill the dill it feels like its pointless to complain.
    Barry - quote edited for accuracy.....
    Last edited by jono2707; 23rd July 2016 at 09:32 AM.

I just saw a thing that in hawforns 3 peat, 2 out of the 3 grand finals should have been played outside victoria if highest qualifier hosted them.

Including 2014.

More vic bias.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I just saw a thing that in hawforns 3 peat, 2 out of the 3 grand finals should have been played outside victoria if highest qualifier hosted them.

Including 2014.

More vic bias.
    Sorry Barry no bias just the contract with the "G" to host the GF.

Been like that from the start.

So take the tinfoil hat off, have a bex and a good lie down.
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post

I think Barry's point is valid. The fact that the MCG contract exists is reflective of the deep seated bias intrinsic to the system. I understand the MG is the largest stadium, so they make the most money. You could argue that it allows more people to see the GF, but so many of the attendees are MCG members and other hangers on, it doesn't really allow a large number of "true believer" fans to see the GF. My gripe with Hawthorn being hailed as great is the fact that their wins over Adelaide and Port in 2012 and 2014 were directly umpire-assisted.

Shows that brisbane 3 peat is vastly superior

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post

I'm from Victoria, but I'm starting to get annoyed at old South supporters defensiveness about all the 'tradition' and their Victoria-centric attitude. It's to our own disadvantage playing the Grand Final at the MCG, so who needs crap like that? You're playing right into the AFL's hands.

I used to be like that (A traditionalist) until I moved outside of Melbourne. Grand Finals haven't always been played at the MCG and only as recently as 1991 has it been played at a different venue. The Grand Final should be played at rotating venues each year (With maybe every second year played at the MCG).

If this comp is to ever move forward we need to abandon the idea that the league is just an expanded VFL.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    I'm from Victoria, but I'm starting to get annoyed at old South supporters defensiveness about all the 'tradition' and their Victoria-centric attitude. It's to our own disadvantage playing the Grand Final at the MCG, so who needs crap like that? You're playing right into the AFL's hands.

I used to be like that (A traditionalist) until I moved outside of Melbourne. Grand Finals haven't always been played at the MCG and only as recently as 1991 has it been played at a different venue. The Grand Final should be played at rotating venues each year (With maybe every second year played at the MCG).

If this comp is to ever move forward we need to abandon the idea that the league is just an expanded VFL.
    ... but that's what it is, isn't it?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Not if they get rid of a few Vic teams, move or start up in Tassie and Canberra.

Two criteria for moving from VFL to AFL

1. Grand final at highest ranked teams venue.
    2. More teams from outside of vic compared to inside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234