Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Lloyd not signed in 2017

I think Jake is a keeper too. He's only young and has plenty of upside. Like his poise, dash and usually uses the ball well.

There is a common belief among fans that their bottom dozen players have trade value. They don't. The only ones with value that can cultivate a good deal is your top dozen.

When a lower level players is traded its because his original club doesnt want him anymore and will take a set of steak knives as tranfer payment.

In other words, lloyd has nexr to no value in the open market.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There is a common belief among fans that their bottom dozen players have trade value. They don't. The only ones with value that can cultivate a good deal is your top dozen.

When a lower level players is traded its because his original club doesnt want him anymore and will take a set of steak knives as tranfer payment.

In other words, lloyd has nexr to no value in the open market.
    You are suggesting that McVeigh, K.Jack & T.Richards have more "trade value" than Lloyd.
    Good, I'll keep Lloyd & Towers.

Was it Wayne Bennett ? who famously said addressing his pre season group some 25 years ago

"if you think it is talent that got u here you have got it all wrong"

"Talent may get u in the gate but if u want to be the best, if u want to be the best you can be for this club and team u will have to combine talent with an incredible attitude and willingness to work beyond what ever you thought possible"

the swans appear to take a diversified approach to building a successful team and a tiny part of that approach is building players to leave even via trade value compensation

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    You are suggesting that McVeigh, K.Jack & T.Richards have more "trade value" than Lloyd.
    Good, I'll keep Lloyd & Towers.
    Not at all. Are any of those in the top dozen?. Jack... maybe.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Signing Lloyd probably not a priority until we see what is happening to the salary cap next year. Could also be why we are ok with leaving Mitchell until after the season.

Also, with the Swans you never know what irons they may have in the trade fire, they keep surprising us every year it seems, unless we are banned from trading!

We will only be banned again if we deny hawthorn a 4th flag.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Signing Lloyd probably not a priority until we see what is happening to the salary cap next year. Could also be why we are ok with leaving Mitchell until after the season.

Also, with the Swans you never know what irons they may have in the trade fire, they keep surprising us every year it seems, unless we are banned from trading!
    Agreed! I never saw Tippett or Buds coming until they did. Also, the Swans' ability to turn "mediocrity" into "something special" is what gets me excited too. e.g. Ted Richards, Craig Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    Agreed! I never saw Tippett or Buds coming until they did. Also, the Swans' ability to turn "mediocrity" into "something special" is what gets me excited too. e.g. Ted Richards, Craig Bolton.
    Don't forget about me. Don't you think I'm Something Special too.

395b31af-95fd-4c0b-a32b-8770b7365511_thumb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We will only be banned again if we deny hawthorn a 4th flag.
    Hawthorn can't have every flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don't forget about me. Don't you think I'm Something Special too.

395b31af-95fd-4c0b-a32b-8770b7365511_thumb.jpg
    That's a whole lot of mansculpting. Get this photo to the Swans' branding team. Membership numbers will rise to dizzying heights, traffic spikes will crash our servers and D-Rex's "How you doin?" facial expression would won those umps over on Thursday night and destroyed those Hawks. My prediction? Callum out for the Blues; Tommy is in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12