Thread: Why do we fall ?

Why do we fall ?

To learn how to pick ourselves up again !!!

----

This young swans team is seriously on the edge of all possibilities

We are learning how to hold a lead and or finish off a game. We have fallen a few times but if u reverse ur focus we have also shown this season in our games won that we can go to the lead and lift to another level ie Geelong win etc

If we can continue to evolve our variety of goal kicking options I am leaning towards we can take on anyone despite some heart breaking finishes this season

My gut feeling is that this year we have a few tricks up our sleeve re our forward entries and we are saving this for the finals.......we have one of the most predictable styles of footy and we must have learnt to keep some of our powder dry re tactics

On the Rookie List
    I hope your right about keeping the powder dry. It looks to me like we don't want to be top of the table.

Linko tell me more

What are the signs in the games played this year ie our losses vs wins that make u feel that ?

Being top of the table at this stage of the season appears to be held by a super experienced team and super experienced coach vs our youthful squad learning every week but playing at a very high level

Rioli
    Hodge
    Gibson
    Gunston
    Mitchell
    Pop
    Lewis
    Etc

Players anyone would grab in a heart beat

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Auntie G, your post is a candle in a dark place, and I think there is a lot of truth in what you are saying.

The starting level and ongoing improvement of our youngest is remarkable; each week we get a reminder of how far they've come. I'm particularly impressed at present by Papley - how does a little bloke like that outwit TWO Cats defenders to take a mark in the goal square? Or nudge the much bigger Hodge out of the way to set up a goal? Then there is George (and I'm surprised some fan hasn't tagged him Gorgeous George) who seems to absorb experience like a sponge and turn it into better and better football. Aliir has been a revelation and to think he can improve is to drool over. As for Callum Mills - every game now he does something remarkable over and above his job description. Even Towers, the current R&W whipping boy, has improved markedly, which encourages me to think he can go a bit further.

Like you, I want to see us getting back to the sort of play that meant we had 7 or 8 or 10 goal kickers, but to do that we have to supplement our bombs by using more gradual approaches to get the ball inside our 50. We know we can do it. And I think it wouldn't do any harm to have more goal practice.

The most important thing we can do at present is to keep working hard until the cavalry arrives - Tippo, and perhaps Reid. With a full quota of fit players, maintaining our hard-at-it approach, we can beat anyone.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

The run home: Power, Saints keep coming as Roos lose their bounce - M.afl.com.au

I'm keeping it simple after looking at all remaining games for the top 6

Hawks, GWS and Swans will win all games remaining

doggies, Adelaide and Geelong will loose max two games each

We will come 4th

The close losses will certainly put a brake on them getting ahead of themselves.
    They are going really well with so many inexperienced players.

Some team has to find a way to beat the Hawks [email protected] the Granny.

It may as well be the baby Swans.

- - - Updated - - -

In the Ganny.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    The run home: Power, Saints keep coming as Roos lose their bounce - M.afl.com.au

I'm keeping it simple after looking at all remaining games for the top 6

Hawks, GWS and Swans will win all games remaining

doggies, Adelaide and Geelong will loose max two games each

We will come 4th
    I think we are in a position where we cannot afford to lose a game going in, But the other teams in the 8 are in the same position too.

I can't see GWS losing more than one game, perhaps Port or North away as the little darlings don't like those nasty away crowds. West Coast have the toughest run in with GWS and the Crows away and the Hawks at home to I think they'll struggle now for top 4. The Doggies really only have the Cats away and the Cats have two hard assignments against the Dogs and Crows but they are both at home.

I'd say it is highly unlikely that the Dogs and Crows will go through undefeated but unfortunately for us there are no matches where the teams above us play each other so it is possible we could win our remaining six and finish fifth albeit unlikely.

We are being punished for the Tigers loss big time but if we are genuine contenders then we should be able to hold our nerve and win these games. Game on!!