Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v Giants @ SCG

Is academy top-up player, Jake Bartholomaeus, related to former Swan, Grant Bartholomaeus?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes son of

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I believe the usual commentator is overseas away on other business duties, not sure who will be replacing him.
    So how am I going to find out if there are any butchers in Ballarat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    So how am I going to find out if there are any butchers in Ballarat?

Nankervis playing a huge game. Leading possession getter for the swans at half time with 18 possession and 17 hit outs. Huge effort

3/4 time: cant score a goal to save a life

GWS
    7 5 - 47

Swans
    2 - 12 - 24
    Last edited by longmile; 23rd July 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Newman having another great game. O'Riordan very good as well. Nankervis had a great 1st half, but tailed off in the 3rd qtr. Rose working hard and doing some nice things, but sloppy with disposal. BJ having a very poor game. McGlynn doing well enough. Not much else to get excited about. Topups disappointing.

May I say how much more enjoyable it is reading the relatively positive and high quality comments on the reserves match thread than the firsts. ???? And I reckon the increasing use of humour is catching on. Congratulations and thanks to all, especially ugg (and Ludwig for humour) but with notable contributions from many others.

Some really disappointing kicking at goal in the 2nd half - we had our chances to win with some more composed kicking for goal - sadly some of our more experienced players were offenders as well. It is windy of course which doesnt help but you shouldn't miss from 20 out with no angle!

Full time @swansreserves 4.19 43 @GWSGIANTS 10.8 68 Goals: McGlynn 2 Hiscox Wilson. @neaflofficial

Disposals Newman 29 O'Riordan McGlynn 22 Nankervis Rose 21 Richards 18 Jack Hiscox 17 Hebron Murray 15 Marsh 14 Robertson Wilson 12 Veale 11

The one big positive for me was the quality of Nic Newman's all around game. At least at NEAFL level he looks a cut above. He's so composed, has excellent vision and decision making and can back it up with skilled disposal by foot and hand. He looks to have the kind of game that should make it at AFL level. I would really like to see him get a call up next week. He's got a real physical element to his game as well, which is usually a good indicator if a player can step up to senior level. Could be a better option down back than McVeigh if he can produce anything close to what he's shown in the reserves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast