Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v Giants @ SCG

It seems this year that the NEAFL is providing a good stepping stone to AFL. None of the debutants seem out of their depth.

How did Veale go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaguey View Post
    I'm with you Liz,if there was only a little more scoreboard pressure might have been a different finish.
    Toppies were generally good,Davis a bit wasteful but no worse than the rest,Hardman had a good go for a 16 yr old,Wilson just missed a couple of chances but kicked a cracker in the last qtr with a great pressure act which resulted in a goal that got them back into the game.Baron-Hey & Hebron good under the pump in defence for youngsters yet again..
    That goal from Wilson was absolutely fantastic - I really like him as a player, he really does some nice things.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL highlights Rd 17 - July 25, 2016 - sydneyswans.com.au

For once the highlights have no boring vision of set shot goals!

Only because there were no set shot goals on the day, but hey let's not quibble about the specifics.

I'll add my own highlight, young Hardman's exciting forward play that deserved a goal but had a cruel bounce at the end with his dribble kick.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8210217
    Last edited by ugg; 26th July 2016 at 03:42 PM.

I'll admit Hardman surprised me. Nicely. He was ok out there.
    Can hardly expect a fantastic game with that many toppies in the mix and hardly any go to players. Bit disappointed in Ted and Benny's output tho.

the wind was a factor. Not a breeze. A Mighty Wind. However, kicking for goal was not exactly hit and miss. More miss and miss. Still, it wasn't horrible
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I get the impression that Ted is pretty relaxed about the phase-down in his footy career. He has a lovely photo and post on his Instagram account @tedrichards25. But I'm sure if he gets selected for the seniors he will still be giving us his 100%.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I thought Ted was okay once he moved back into the backline. He was organising the backline which I'm sure was a great learning experience for the youngsters like Baron-Hay and Hebron playing back there. He did cop one almighty spray from James Rose in the last quarter when he took a shot from the boundary that didn't score.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I thought Ted was okay once he moved back into the backline. He was organising the backline which I'm sure was a great learning experience for the youngsters like Baron-Hay and Hebron playing back there. He did cop one almighty spray from James Rose in the last quarter when he took a shot from the boundary that didn't score.
    Excellent to hear that a youngster like Rose was getting stuck into an elder of the club like Teddy! Very impressive. Bespeaks courage and leadership and passion for the team.

Ted .... was organising the backline which I'm sure was a great learning experience for the youngsters like Baron-Hay and Hebron playing back there.
    Great! One of the benefits from moving seniors back to the reserves - such as ROK in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I get the impression that Ted is pretty relaxed about the phase-down in his footy career. He has a lovely photo and post on his Instagram account @tedrichards25. But I'm sure if he gets selected for the seniors he will still be giving us his 100%.
    I saw Teddy in the Brewongle stand lift at half time.
    He asked me if I'd seen the ressies... I said no, what happened.
    He said, "the wind. The wind happened."
    I take it they lost.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

[/SIZE]I'll add my own highlight, young Hardman's exciting forward play that deserved a goal but had a cruel bounce at the end with his dribble kick.

TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos

That kid looks alright. Good skills and a bit of speed. It will be interesting to watch his development over the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That goal from Wilson was absolutely fantastic - I really like him as a player, he really does some nice things.
    I see today along with Ben Davis (National Draft) that Jake Brown, Ryan Hebron & Matt Wilson have been nominated in State AFL Draft Combine !
    I read that they had to be nominated by 2 or more AFL clubs to trigger this nomination.Assuming the Swans wouldn't be one of them!
    Can someone explain the working of all this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234