Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 18 MDT. Sydney V Carlton. SCG. 13.45pm

Unneccessarily stressful by the boys today, but no alarm bells ringing yet. I think it was just an off game by alot of them

Plus side Aliir and Naismith just get better every week, Foote was ok and we got 4 pts!

Personally I think Carlton are a team on the rise this season and have shown week to week they are a formidable opponent

But let's be realistic the swans was a team of babies today

We did well overall with the team we had and we hit on top when needed

that was the youngest least games played swans team ever to play AFL ???

I really think last weeks game and the (biased) result took alot of the boys, glad they held on for a win, about time we had one go our way

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Newman MUST be given a run in the seniors. I thought he should have come in this week rather than bringing in Harry. What more does he have to do to get a call up?.
    I agree. And I'd drop Mitchell before he does any more damage to his trade value.

Hannerberry was truly dreadful today.. His disposal couldn't have been worse. I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell signs a deal pretty quickly after his last few weeks offerings. Take the deal while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'd check out Talia's locker at halftime and see if we can find something to sharpen up our game. Give 2 lines to Hanners.
    Actually, I thought that may have been the problem in the first half. Some of his disposals seemed a touch delusional?

On the positive side. Kennedy was excellent. Richards and Foote probably showed enough to ensure they get a contract next year. If any of the judges of the Rising Star are tossing up between Weitering and Mills, it became a little bit more likely that they will vote for Mills. Naismith probably emphasised that Kreuzer is a bit of a dud number one pick. Aliir is still looking like a future star. And finally, it's nice to win a close one; even if it was against Carlton.

Senior Player
    Very tough game to watch, but happy with the 4 points. X did really well today, which was great. If he continues to play well, that will really give us more options and changes some of the discussion re next year's list. e.g., if Mitchell goes, Heeney can play midfield with X up forward as a marking target and scoring threat.

Senior Player
    Fewest kicks today with 2, Tom Mitchell!

Veterans List
    Don't have Foxtel. so watching the game on 7 (delayed in Vic.) at the moment, and I have to say, the umpiring is terrible. We are definitely the worst umpired team in this league. It's as if we're going to pay for recruiting Buddy until his contract is finished. It sucks big time.

Allir was so composed and did great things - he's just just getting better each week.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast