Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    They said on 3aw tonight that GWS have been told if they finish second their home final will be at Spotless
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    As it should be.
    I can't understand why it was ever going to be considered otherwise. Whoever they play it should get pretty full and create a great atmosphere.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    As it should be.
    If its against anyone else other than Sydney.

The AFL would be fools to allow potentially 30,000 people in a northern state to miss out on attending a final...oh wait...the letters AFL are in that sentence

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    We've played against them twice this year, haven't produced our best footy either time, and should have 2 wins. We know how to beat them, we are good enough to beat them, it's just a matter of delivering in the day. GWS are a more difficult prospect because their style is more difficult for our side to stop. Although, they haven't been there and done that just yet. Purely for vengeance, I'd rather take Down the dirty Hawks, and then see perhaps the doggies finish the job in week two. How sweet that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right, but it depends, as it always does with the Hawks, on the umpires.....Karma doesn't appear to exist in the AFL/VFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Could also be:

3) Geelong at Simmonds stadium if GWS drop more games than us in the final five weeks but we manage to stay ahead of Adelaide.

That would be ok too I think.
    Geelong will only get Kardinia Park if the MCG and Docklands are booked.

In answer to the first question, I'd prefer Hawthorn in Melbourne. Go down there and sort them out.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player

Senior Player
    That means any home final swans get will definitely be at ANZ too and not SCG no matter who the opponent. Effectively neither GWS or Sydney get a home final but a home state final if they finish 2nd and 3rd..

Senior Player
    We're locked in for a Sydney home final at ANZ Stadium as things stand (but) we're not locked into GWS home finals at that venue," AFL football operations manager Mark Evans said on 3AW.

With regard to the surface I would hope they have been paying attention to the wings, given they have only had square field games on there this year.

ANZ the grand old lady of australian sport has the last laugh against the swans.
    Lol.

Veteran Site Admin
    So GWS gets a proper home final unless it's against the Swans. We don't get a proper home final regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    ANZ the grand old lady of australian sport has the last laugh against the swans.
    Lol.
    "Grand old lady". Settle down Barry the joints only been open 16 years. More like the young punk on too much Chrystal Meth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So GWS gets a proper home final unless it's against the Swans. We don't get a proper home final regardless?
    Its only a contractual issue which will be complete after this year. I too dont think the swans should host a final at ANZ.

But i agree that a great way to say goodbye to ANZ As an AFL ground would be a sydney derby final.

It would be a disaster if GWS was forced to host a final at the SCG.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Lol.
    Oh Barry we knew we could trust you for one last piece of ridiculous hyperbole about ANZ!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast