Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So GWS gets a proper home final unless it's against the Swans. We don't get a proper home final regardless?
    That's how I read it. It sucks, but thinking about it I can see where it makes sense beyond just "#sydneylovechildfreekickgiants"; this year we've averaged 33,434 at the SCG with its 45,500 listed capacity, whilst GWS have averaged 12844 at Homebush with its 25,000 listed capacity (so GWS have some bragging rights over us based on "average empty seats!") but we've spiked to heavily impact on available seating (so say >37k) for 3 different games whilst GWS has only seen the big spike in the one game (which was against us).

Both teams should be able to play home finals at their home ground, but if the AFL is still stuck in a contract for this year and genuinely is looking for "everyone who wants to go can get a ticket" then I can understand Swans->Homebush, GWS->lil Homebush (unless playing Swans)- but on that logic then it should be "if Swans vs. GWS and GWS host then @ the Olympic stadium, if Swans host then @ SCG" as both grounds would cover the respective increase.

The AFL is very rich, though, and if it's purely a financial thing and not a grow the game thing then they should just be shelling out whatever their obligation is to the Olympic stadium.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

seriously think we're going to be fodder anyway.
    I'd like them to prove me wrong, but....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

We'll finish 2nd or 3rd. Any luck with injury and I reckon we'll win the thing.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    We'll finish 2nd or 3rd. Any luck with injury and I reckon we'll win the thing.
    Feeling the same but I'm genuinely scared of a Hawthorn v Sydney grand final. 2014 still haunts me as does the game 2 weeks ago. If the umpires show up for the Hawks again whats the point?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Even if we do have to play a home final at ANZ, an 8-2 finals record at the ground means we still have every reason to be confident of winning there.

Senior Player
    So that's a pretty good record at ANZ for the finals. The only finals games we lost there are the 2003 Prelim against Brisbane, and the Week 2 game last year against North Melbourne (w/o Buddy, Parker etc),

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Even if we do have to play a home final at ANZ, an 8-2 finals record at the ground means we still have every reason to be confident of winning there.

Senior Player
    Just wondering there is still the option open, back to the SCG if a League clash. That was the reason in 2005 wasn't it??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    Just wondering there is still the option open, back to the SCG if a League clash. That was the reason in 2005 wasn't it??
    Found the answer, and a quote from a certain forum and all.........

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/game-plan-a-kick-in-the-teeth-swans-fans/2005/09/05/1125772464967.html

Senior Player
    4.5 weeks to go, but it is going to script so far:

Hawks and GWS did win their round 16 games to set up the proposed scenario.

Hawks, GWS and Geelong have won, and WC are trailing by 11 with 5 minutes to go.

Senior Player
    Really selfish behaviour by GWS today by only allowing Richmond to score three goals, means Richmond's chances of finishing 9th
    looking pretty slim.

looking at the run home, I think we will finish 5th and Adelaide will be top 4.
    Which considering the youth we have brought in, would be more than a reasonable result.
    With a bit of luck we may finish top 4.
    The Hawks loss really hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    seriously think we're going to be fodder anyway.
    I'd like them to prove me wrong, but....
    Yep! Hawks will win. The rest are just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Senior Player
    The simple calculation is keep winning.Easier said than done.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast