Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    The Hawks loss really hurt.
    Also Richmond and Dogs possibly Crows

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Also Richmond and Dogs possibly Crows
    I try and look on the bright side and think the kids will be better with the experience of how a simple error in the last two minutes can change a season. That may be invaluable in finals. And I loved seeing the maturity of Mills at the end of the Blues game.

I think we can safely say, there are 5 teams vying for top 4. Hawthorn is a lock. GWS is probably a lock. So its Geelong, Adelaide and us to fill 2 spots.

No one will catch our percentage (other than GWS), so for Adelaide or Geelong to dislodge us they will need to win one more game than us in the remaining rounds.

Sounds safe to me. By the time we play Saints they should be out of final 8 contention, and North is likely to go into preservation mode for the final round.

Adelaide play Brisbane and Freo the next 2 weeks and Geelong play Essendon and Richmond, so I expect that even if we win the next 2 we will drop to 5th unless we can also win by big margins. It will be very close in the end. We have the most difficult run and are most likely to drop to 5th. That said, I don't think it's as big a disadvantage as it was without the bye week before the finals. Ending up 4th and playing Hawthorn at the G the 1st week is not that great an option.

We'll need to win all our remaining games if we want Top 4. Can't see Adelaide or Geelong losing any of their remaining games. GWS do have North at Etihad final round, but even if we both drop a game each their percentage might still be higher.

Finishing 2nd or 3rd would be ideal, would hate to play Hawks first week of finals.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Adelaide play Brisbane and Freo the next 2 weeks and Geelong play Essendon and Richmond, so I expect that even if we win the next 2 we will drop to 5th unless we can also win by big margins. It will be very close in the end. We have the most difficult run and are most likely to drop to 5th. That said, I don't think it's as big a disadvantage as it was without the bye week before the finals. Ending up 4th and playing Hawthorn at the G the 1st week is not that great an option.
    I'd much rather finish 4th and play Hawthorn than finish 5th. A game against Hawthorn would be a 50/50. Geelong have an easy run in, Adelaide could drop one but probably won't. If we win all 4, and we should although most are tough, then we could finish 2-4, but will probably finish 3rd.

Senior Player
    The huge margin today improved our chances of finishing above Geelong, but as pointed out in my original post and also by Ludwig, they play the Lions and Brisbane so will gain a lot of percentage, whereas we are likely to lose our percentage over the next four weeks (it isn't easy to stay at 140!!!). Am more hopeful of a top 4 finish after today's great result though

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    The huge margin today improved our chances of finishing above Geelong, but as pointed out in my original post and also by Ludwig, they play the Lions and Brisbane so will gain a lot of percentage, whereas we are likely to lose our percentage over the next four weeks (it isn't easy to stay at 140!!!). Am more hopeful of a top 4 finish after today's great result though
    They get to play Brisbane Lions twice in the next month? Not fair!!!

Hawthorn to drop two on the way home and miss the top 4
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They get to play Brisbane Lions twice in the next month? Not fair!!!
    Geelong had Essendon twice this year as well, advantage of a low finish last year.

Senior Player
    Oops meant they play Lions and Bombers hehe.

We need more percentage.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast