Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    We'll need to win all our remaining games if we want Top 4. Can't see Adelaide or Geelong losing any of their remaining games. GWS do have North at Etihad final round, but even if we both drop a game each their percentage might still be higher.

Finishing 2nd or 3rd would be ideal, would hate to play Hawks first week of finals.
    Best time to play Hawthorn is early in the finals series, its usually when they are not at their best. Their Best seems to happen on GF day when they look completely fresh and ready to go , whereas their opposition looks tired and sore after a tough finals series!! Not saying they have some magic formula, but I am perplexed how they manage to do it.

Senior Player
    Great 2nd half job by the Bombers to keep Geelong from gaining too much %. Going to be tight as Adelaide and Geelong each have some % boosters ahead, whereas all three of our games are danger games, St Kilda are hot at the moment, North away in Tassie and Richmond our bogey team.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    DOOMSAYER !!!!!Hehehehehe
    Im sure they are more worried about us �.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Great 2nd half job by the Bombers to keep Geelong from gaining too much %. Going to be tight as Adelaide and Geelong each have some % boosters ahead, whereas all three of our games are danger games, St Kilda are hot at the moment, North away in Tassie and Richmond our bogey team.

Senior Player
    AFL writer Ashley Browne has the Hawks finishing 5th and Sydney/GWS for the 1-2. That would be magic

The run home: Predicted week one finals match-ups - AFL.com.au

Best for us is obviously top 2, with Hawthorn not being the other top 2.

Best for GWS would be 4th with Hawthorn 1st. Get an MCG final under their belts before its sudden death. Also a good chance to knock Hawthorn off.

I pray Hawthorn drops another game, but cant see it happening. I think they will take 1st. I dont think our % will be enough to snag 2nd. So its 3rd or 4th for us, which is fine as long as we win 1st final.

Senior Player
    People seem confident:

The road ahead: Round 21 - sydneyswans.com.au

The next 3 weeks worry me too. I think we should beat all 3. But they are all teams that could win if we are off and they are on. I'm hoping North and Tigers are done for the year. Saints would have to have an exceptional day to get over us, you'd think.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    People seem confident:

The next 3 weeks worry me too. I think we should beat all 3. But they are all teams that could win if we are off and they are on. I'm hoping North and Tigers are done for the year. Saints would have to have an exceptional day to get over us, you'd think.
    ES is a very fast track where the Saints play their best. Vastly different surface than we normally play on. We will need to play our shut down best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    People seem confident:

The last 2 weeks worried me.
    That didn't turn out too bad.

I think Saints at Etihad is a MASSIVE danger game, then again I thought Port would be too. I wonder if the Swans will pick a team specific to that ground. Didn't Paul Roos say he wished he'd picked a bespoke Etihad team after Melbourne lost to the Saints there?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    ES is a very fast track where the Saints play their best. Vastly different surface than we normally play on. We will need to play our shut down best.
    Yes, just looking at the numbers. We are 24W-17L-2D overall at Etihad, but 3W-6L-1D vs Saints. No other team has that margin over us there.

I certainly didn't expect to be in second position this week.
    A few results went our way, but also a fine performance by the team.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    I had a dream Saturday night that the Hawks and GWS were in the grand final. There were bays of empty seats that were meant for the GWS members. The Hawks were playing badly but they were winning and I was lamenting that we didn't make it as we would've won.

Lucky my dreams don't come true ????.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast