Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I'd like to know what position you hold at the club that guarantees you a Grand Final ticket ahead of "40,000 disappointed fans", [Members I assume].
    What a rude question.
    Seeings you asked, I'm a Redback member.
    My ticket comes from the club allocation, not the AFL allocation.
    Are you satisfied now?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What a rude question.
    Seeings you asked, I'm a Redback member.
    My ticket comes from the club allocation, not the AFL allocation.
    Are you satisfied now?
    My post asked if you held a position at the Club. The answer is no - thank God.
    I didn't ask what type of membership you had, but, thanks - it's handy to know.
    I'm very satisfied with your reply - it gives me a clearer insight to your posts - e.g. spoke to Jude at post match function, hugged Teddy, anyone going to ... function, etc.
    Suggest, however, you show a little more respect to genuine Swans "footy" fans.

Veterans List
    I'm very satisfied with your reply - it gives me a clearer insight to your posts - e.g. spoke to Jude at post match function, hugged Teddy, anyone going to ... function, etc.
    Please explain what a genuine Swans fan is?

Veteran Site Admin
    I think this response is way wide of the mark.

You didn't actually ask whether Annie held a position at the club. Your question implied she must, and that was why she was guaranteed a GF ticket. You've now been informed this is not the case.

Any suggestion that Annie is not one of many "genuine Swans footy fans" that post on RWO is also way wide of the mark.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There will be a mass buy up of GWS memberships by supporters of the GF opponent the week before the GF.
    There is a competition wide cut-off for acquiring a membership that has ticket purchasing rights, I believe. I think it is at the end of June of each season (but might be July).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There is a competition wide cut-off for acquiring a membership that has ticket purchasing rights, I believe. I think it is at the end of June of each season (but might be July).
    Or until sold out.
    I think you are right about the dates.
    I upgraded in 2012, just before they sold out. I was very lucky to be a genuine swans fan.

Blog Entries
    Actually, she didn't just speak to Jude at the PMF.
    He tapped her on the shoulder.
    He hugged and kissed her.
    Then they chatted.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think this response is way wide of the mark.

You didn't actually ask whether Annie held a position at the club. Your question implied she must, and that was why she was guaranteed a GF ticket. You've now been informed this is not the case.

Any suggestion that Annie is not one of many "genuine Swans footy fans" that post on RWO is also way wide of the mark.
    Liz - come on now.
    AnnieH posts:
    "I'm a guaranteed club ticket". I, not knowing the inner club staffing structure, query if she holds a club position.
    o/k - now I know she doesn't - & I'm extremely pleased.
    When I mentioned genuine Swans "footy" fans, I'm thinking of those purely interested in on-field team matters (not behind the scenes matters).
    I think your response was "way wide of the mark".

I really dislike it when people bring up nonsense like 'genuine swans fan' or 'genuine footy fan' etc - it is absolute rot that belongs on the world of Facebook and nowhere else. we are all fans of the Swans, hence why we post here - but there is in my book no real delineation that can be made in that category - certainly not along some nonsense category such as how 'genuine' a fan is or not.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I have been reading Annie's posts for years and there is no way you can say she isn't a genuine fan. She is a passionate supporter who enjoys the team both on AND off the field.

Anyway...I'm curious to know whether anyone on here who has a GWS membership would purchase a GF ticket if they made the GF? (This is only hypothetical as the swans are going to make it of course ????).

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I have been reading Annie's posts for years and there is no way you can say she isn't a genuine fan. She is a passionate supporter who enjoys the team both on AND off the field.

Anyway...I'm curious to know whether anyone on here who has a GWS membership would purchase a GF ticket if they made the GF? (This is only hypothetical as the swans are going to make it of course ??).
    I don't have a GWS membership, but if I was in that situation, I'd only do it if I could make a pretty penny off it, flogging it off to some other sod Unless of course it was a situation of a GWS vs Swans grand final, and I wasn't a Premiership Club member (so hence wasn't guaranteed a ticket), or alternatively if I wanted to find another ticket for someone else to go as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway...I'm curious to know whether anyone on here who has a GWS membership would purchase a GF ticket if they made the GF? (This is only hypothetical as the swans are going to make it of course ????).
    I don't have a GWS membership, but if I was in that situation, I'd only do it if I could make a pretty penny off it, flogging it off to some other sod Unless of course it was a situation of a GWS vs Swans grand final, and I wasn't a Premiership Club member (so hence wasn't guaranteed a ticket), or alternatively if I wanted to find another ticket for someone else to go as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench

Anyway...I'm curious to know whether anyone on here who has a GWS membership would purchase a GF ticket if they made the GF? (This is only hypothetical as the swans are going to make it of course ??).
    Yes and probably if I can get time off work etc.
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast