Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Final Ladder Position

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Since 1897, 46.67% of teams have gone on to win the premiership when they have "won" the minor premiership for their first time. I'm glad GWS weren't minor premiers!
    Nahhh, they would have collapsed under the pressure but then again Eddie would have probably told the AFL the Giants deserve to play their final at Spotless :-(

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

If we win Week 1, that will lock us in for a Friday night prelim at the SCG. Better leave work early, the traffic will be an all-time, worst ever nightmare...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Does anyone find it ironic that the only top 4 team that gets a home final is Hawthorn!! When will the league stop giving them a armchair ride???
    Bloody disgrace

Like a few other folks, at the beginning of the year I thought we were a 5-8 side. All I have to say is that we have done an amazing job achieving the minor premiership. Horse, Kirk, the leadersheap team and many others have done an A-grade job keeping the Swans competitive and dominant throughout the year. Smashing the Tigers (our bogey team) at home was the cherry on the cake. Got me singing a football chant throughout the weekend haha.

*We are top of the league say we are top of the league!
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!
    SAY WHAT!
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!*

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeathmetal View Post
    Like a few other folks, at the beginning of the year I thought we were a 5-8 side. All I have to say is that we have done an amazing job achieving the minor premiership. Horse, Kirk, the leadersheap team and many others have done an A-grade job keeping the Swans competitive and dominant throughout the year. Smashing the Tigers (our bogey team) at home was the cherry on the cake. Got me singing a football chant throughout the weekend haha.

*We are top of the league say we are top of the league!
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!
    SAY WHAT!
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!*
    Presumably this chant is delivered in a deep gravelly shriek accompanied by low-tuned distorted tremolo bass?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Since 1897, 46.67% of teams have gone on to win the premiership when they have "won" the minor premiership for their first time. I'm glad GWS weren't minor premiers!
    Since 1897, the Swans have finished on top of the ladder 9 times (including this year).

In those other 8 years, the Swans have played off in the decider all 8 times (though the first three occasions were under a finals system where the Minor Premier had an automatic right to play in a decider). We have won 2 premierships (1909 and 1918) and been runners up 6 times.

It has been 98 years since we finished on top and won the flag in the same year. I think it's time we broke that streak.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728