Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Ladder Position

Statistically, it is highly probable that there will be some upsets, form reversals (good and bad) and unexpected ladder changes over the next five weeks.

Some teams expected to win are going to lose otherwise we could all win our footy tipping comps and take the bookies to the cleaners.

Any team from 1-9 that wins five in a row from here will be a legitimate contender. That's not to say that dropping a game will automatically rule a team out but five in a row and you'll be looking sweet whatever happens around you.

We just have to turn this one game streak into six in a row and we'll be right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Statistically, it is highly probable that there will be some upsets, form reversals (good and bad) and unexpected ladder changes over the next five weeks.

Some teams expected to win are going to lose otherwise we could all win our footy tipping comps and take the bookies to the cleaners.

Any team from 1-9 that wins five in a row from here will be a legitimate contender. That's not to say that dropping a game will automatically rule a team out but five in a row and you'll be looking sweet whatever happens around you.

We just have to turn this one game streak into six in a row and we'll be right.
    I wonder when the team that beat the Cats 2 weeks ago will turn up again?

Senior Player
    Based on the comments in the media so far there is about as much chance of a GWS home final being played at the SCG as there is of Swans home final being played at Spotless. The GWS head honcho said GWS would rather play any home final against the Swans in Darwin than the SCG. But he sounded vaguely open to playing it at ANZ if it was against the Swans, which was big of him considering we'll be trying to weasel out of playing any home final at
    ANZ if we can.
    And while we're on the subject of getting ahead of ourselves, return plane tickets to Melbourne (from Sydney) for the GF long weekend (leaving Friday evening and returning Monday arvo) seem to be running at around $400 as of this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterGoulden17 View Post
    If GWS finish 2nd they get a home final and if we finish 3rd we will play them first up in the qualifying final. I remember earlier in the year the AFL hasn't ruled out the possibility of moving a Giants home final to the SCG depending on the opponent and the supporter base they have.
    If we are to finish 3rd and play GWS it could be a chance it's played at the SCG.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Assuming we finish outside of top 2, what would you prefer

1) against giants at ANZ/spotess.
    2) against hawthorn and a chance to send them packing.

Id take 1 and hope they get over-awed by the occation.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Could also be:

3) Geelong at Simmonds stadium if GWS drop more games than us in the final five weeks but we manage to stay ahead of Adelaide.

That would be ok too I think.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Hawks.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Hawks.
    +1 would love for them to go out in straight sets with part one being completed by us

"Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    +1 would love for them to go out in straight sets with part one being completed by us

We've played against them twice this year, haven't produced our best footy either time, and should have 2 wins. We know how to beat them, we are good enough to beat them, it's just a matter of delivering in the day. GWS are a more difficult prospect because their style is more difficult for our side to stop. Although, they haven't been there and done that just yet. Purely for vengeance, I'd rather take Down the dirty Hawks, and then see perhaps the doggies finish the job in week two. How sweet that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I wonder when the team that beat the Cats 2 weeks ago will turn up again?
    The team that beat the hawks was pretty good & we have had it tough the last few weeks.
    Bulldogs ( top 4 team) - lose by less than a goal in last minute
    6 day break
    Geelong in Geelong (top 4 team) - win
    6 day break
    Hawthorn (reigning premiers & top 4 team) - lose by less than a goal in last minute
    8 day break
    McVeigh out injured, another newbie, 7 players under 20 games - play Carlton
    Scrappy win but a win
    7 day break
    Freo in Freo
    6 day break
    Port
    We have been almost playing a finals series

Senior Player
    Meant to say the team that lost to the hawks was pretty good

Senior Player

Finals

They said on 3aw tonight that GWS have been told if they finish second their home final will be at Spotless

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    They said on 3aw tonight that GWS have been told if they finish second their home final will be at Spotless
    As it should be.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast