Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 19

No changes unless some of our injured players are good to go. Sinclair will play as he knows Subiaco pretty well.

I would think Cunningham's pace would be handy on Subiaco Oval as well. Foote is probably most likely to miss if Macca comes back in. Xavier Richards did very well in his first game as a senior forward IMO and should have kicked 4 or 5 had he not given chances off to Franklin that he should have taken himself.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Changes; Richards T to full back to release Rampe and anyone else to move the ball quicker out of the back line. Lloyd can then take up his usual untagged link player role. McVeigh to the HBF.
    Out; HC and Foote (looks ok)
    McVeigh has played 13 games and has 53 tackles and you want to have him replace 'Hard As Nails' Harry, who has also played 13 games, but has a massive 57 tackles to his name. I'd like to see Harry put the clamp on Michael Walters, who is their only dangerous player. McVeigh is too slow to keep up with him. Harry has also matched up well against Hill in the past.

Could be a good matchup between Neale and Hannebery. Both should have plenty of kicks, but will any of them hit a target (on their own team)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Changes; Richards T to full back to release Rampe and anyone else to move the ball quicker out of the back line. Lloyd can then take up his usual untagged link player role. McVeigh to the HBF.
    Out; HC and Foote (looks ok)
    With the emergence of Marsh and Laidler back from injury I think we could play Teddy and use Rampe in the midfield where I think he'd be great. Obviously a bit of a left-field idea but we seem to have a surplus of decent-to-good mid sized defenders and I think Rampe's disposal and footy brains could help our forward 50 entry woes

We won't win a flag if mcveigh (2016 version) is in the best 22.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We won't win a flag if mcveigh (2016 version) is in the best 22.
    Watching last week's game we decided that the Swans had crossed a point of critical mass of young players. There was a lack of cohesion.

Without McVeigh directing the backline I think we'll lose a few games during the rest of the H&A season and will be well off the pace for a run at the flag in 2016.

I agree on experience, i just don't think the backline was the problem and i certainly don't think mcveigh is the answer.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Looks like the game will be wet and windy. Not sure what that means for team selections.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Watching last week's game we decided that the Swans had crossed a point of critical mass of young players. There was a lack of cohesion.

Without McVeigh directing the backline I think we'll lose a few games during the rest of the H&A season and will be well off the pace for a run at the flag in 2016.
    I was interested to see how the backline would react to Macca not being there. It seems he does have quite a large influence. While i'm not his greatest fan I agree with you we need him for the time being.

Senior Player
    Right now, we have the best backline in the league, if you judge it by points against, and I can't think of a better way.
    Though obviously defensive pressure from the mids and forwards helps them. The backs have only been run over
    badly once this season. I know sometimes they look a bit clumsy, bumbling around.... but overall they are the real deal.
    Come finals time, I'd prefer the old heads like McVeigh & Laidler there.

Disagree kt. You go with what has been proven in 2016. Mcveigh, apart from one game has not contributed significantly.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    From what I hear, our problem will be finding a ruckman for the weekend.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    From what I hear, our problem will be finding a ruckman for the weekend.
    What have you heard?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast