Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 15 - July 27-31

Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Round 15 - July 27-31

Wednesday 27th July (Wet Weather makeup game)

Sydney University Oval 1
    19:30 Sydney University v North Shore Bombers Under 19s Division One

Saturday 30th July

Bensons Lane
    12:00 Nor-West Jets v South West Sydney Magpies Division Five
    14:10 Nor-West Jets v Wollondilly Knights Division Three

Blacktown ISP Oval 2
    10:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs v Sydney University Division Five
    12:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs v Sydney University Division Four

Ern Holmes Oval
    8:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Balmain Tigers Division Five
    10:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Balmain Tigers Division Three
    12:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Balmain Tigers Division One
    14:30 Pennant Hills Demons v North Shore Bombers (Clash) Premier Division

Greygums Oval
    10:00 Penrith Ramettes v UNSW Eastern Suburbs Stingrays Women's Division One
    12:00 Penrith Rams v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Division Three
    14:10 Penrith Rams v North Shore Bombers Division Two

Gwawley Park
    9:30 Southern Power v North Shore Bombers Division Four
    11:30 Power Wolves v Sydney University Bombers Women's Premier Division
    14:30 Southern Power v East Coast Eagles Division One

Hannaford Oval
    17:00 Wollondilly Knights v Wollongong Saints Women's Division One

Harrington Park
    9:00 Camden Cats v Penrith Rams Division Five
    11:00 Camden Cats v East Coast Eagles Under 19s Division One
    13:00 Camden Cats v Manly Warringah Giants Division Four
    15:00 Camden Cats v Manly Warringah Giants Division Two

Mike Kenny Oval
    8:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Newtown Breakaways Women's Division One
    10:30 Pennant Hills Demons v North Shore Bombers Under 19s Division One

Mona Park
    14:00 Auburn Giants v Newtown Breakaways Women's Premier Division

Monarch Oval
    10:00 Campbelltown Blues v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Under 19s Division Two
    12:00 Campbelltown Blues v Western Magic (Clash) Women's Division One
    14:00 Campbelltown Blues v East Coast Eagles Division Three

Picken Oval
    10:00 Western Suburbs Magpies v Sydney University Division Two
    12:00 West Sydney Magpies v North Shore Bombers (Clash) Under 19s Division Two
    14:10 Western Suburbs Magpies v East Coast Eagles Premier Division

Pioneers Park
    11:40 Randwick City Saints v South West Sydney Magpies Division Four
    14:10 Randwick City Saints v South West Sydney Magpies Division Two

Rosedale Park
    15:30 South West Sydney Magpies v UTS Shamrocks Women's Division One

Village Green
    10:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs v Sydney University Under 19s Division One
    12:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs v UTS Bats Division Two
    14:30 UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs v UTS Bats Premier Division

Waverley Oval
    10:00 UTS Bats v St George Dragons Division Four
    12:00 UTS Bats v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Division Five
    14:00 UTS Bats v Holroyd Parramatta Goannas Division One

Sunday 31st July

Macquarie University Oval
    9:00 Macquarie University v UNSW Eastern Suburbs Stingrays (Yellow Clash)

Women's Premier Division
    11:00 Macquarie University v Western Magic Division Four
    13:00 Macquarie University v Western Magic Division One
    15:00 Macquarie University v Campbelltown Blues Division Five

Olds Park
    10:00 St George Dragons v Manly Warringah Giants Under 19s Division One
    12:00 St George Dragons v Sydney University Division One
    14:00 St George Dragons v Sydney University Premier Division
    16:30 St George Dragons v Western Magic Under 19s Division Two

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Manly with a second forfeit in u19s. Was only a year or two ago there were people on here saying how they were going to dominate u19s div 1.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Manly with a second forfeit in u19s. Was only a year or two ago there were people on here saying how they were going to dominate u19s div 1.
    its all well and good winning 19s div2, but the skill level was never quite there for that Manly side when they entered 19sDiv1 as other sides were classier by hand and foot. Heard the team environment within that group is suffering this season and has lead to people quitting and/or leaving the squad

So how many 19's Div 1 players are being stacked into 19's Div 2 Saviour?

If you really want to know, just look up the team lists on AFL Sydney ... if you are just being mischievous, why would they stack the Div 2 19's for a game that means nothing, when Saviour's Div 4 side was desperate for a win today to stay in finals contention ... would make more sense to stack that side, wouldn't it?

Checked the AFL Sydney, Judd, Mitchell, Parnell, Pearson, Rowlands, Watts to name a few.

I will be Norris Lurker for the evening, seeing as our beloved leader is somewhere down around Pheasants Nest Roadhouse on his way back home from slaying Tigers.

We went up to CigarLand, The Ern, today to watch North Shore and Penno, two teams trying to establish their bona fides as finals contenders. On field , what an entertaining game of footy it was. Off field was entertaining too as there were two concurrent Penno premiership reunions. Resulting in a huge crowd (by SFL standards anyway)
    Started off with Blackburne on fire up forward, lively and productive and Murphy playing as a loose man in defence. Penno was playing a sort of rotating two man forward line which required a high level of communication between all involved in the moves. Penno was able to steady for an 11 point lead at quarter time. I think that was the biggest margin for the day. The lead could have been either way as the two teams were slogging it out equally, and playing fine footy.
    Selby for the Bombers impresses every time I see him and today was no exception, as does DellaQuilla for Penno.
    In the second quarter, North Shore came back, scoring three goals in about 4 minutes and arresting control of the match.
    Third quarter, Penno had their little flurry of forward moves, but most ended out on the full, or were repelled. Penno was ridiculously wasteful up forward in the third quarter.
    Last quarter, it was a matter of Penno holding on grimly as the result was up for grabs. Two set shots to the Bombers late in the match could have gotten them a win, one on the end of a silly 50 metre penalty, but both missed and Penno was able to hang on.
    For Penno, I like the games of DellaQuilla, Thomas, Widmer in the ruck and Angel (as usual).
    I reckon there were some unlikely 'captains calls' in the Bombers listed better players but I liked the work of Selby, Carruthers (as usual), and Murphy in defence, whose role Penno was unable to counter.

All in all, a high quality and fierce game of footy by both teams and we could only wish that all Sydney PD matches were so entertaining. Great crowd, colour, noise, sunny skies, swarms of screaching cockatoos....it was great.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 30th July 2016 at 09:00 PM.

Sunday game doesn't help with the u17s being able to play. That said, when Manly forfeited you would put in a few guys who could do with a game.

Anyone see our win over UTS in div 4 yesterday (bar unconfuseme who goal umpired). Set shot 35 out after the siren to keep the finals dream alive. Was a top game.

Anyone got results for unsw v syd uni games yesterday? nothing on the website

Almost Football Legend
    Sydney Uni's Twitter says they won Div 4 & Div 5.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Thanks. I could only find the womens twitter account before.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Sunday game doesn't help with the u17s being able to play. That said, when Manly forfeited you would put in a few guys who could do with a game.

Anyone see our win over UTS in div 4 yesterday (bar unconfuseme who goal umpired). Set shot 35 out after the siren to keep the finals dream alive. Was a top game.
    I was going to say I would imagine you would have a few U/17's playing normally who couldn't play on Sunday, so of course you would give some 19/1 players a run.
    I think as long as they weren't guns playing down, that would be fair enough. A side benefit of having two 19's teams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast