Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 19 MDT Fremantle V Sydney. 13.20 pm. D.S.

There is a thread thats come back to life on bigfooty which has a title like "Hannerbry the ball butcherer" which was started back when he won the rising star.

If bigfooty is the official historical record for opinions, then No, he has never been any good.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I don't remember it being consistently poor

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There is a thread thats come back to life on bigfooty which has a title like "Hannerbry the ball butcherer" which was started back when he won the rising star.

If bigfooty is the official historical record for opinions, then No, he has never been any good.
    His handballs are outstanding, but he's better by hand than by foot. Some of our handball work generally today was very slick.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Has anyone on there ever called him 'Mick Hackebery?'

It could be an interesting commentary on the game next week. Maybe we'll see a headline like John The Butcherer versus Dan Mick Hackebery.

Certainly a solid win! Most pleasing was the consistent 4 quarter effort. Our midfield was simply outstanding and our backline water tight when required. Still tough 4 round to go...Port still playing for finals this Saturday!
    Swannies for life!

A good performance today - it was a danger game, but Freo have fallen so far off the perch this year it isn't funny. Feel sorry for Pavlich, holding out in hope of a flag and seeing the team fall like it has. They were really really poor, but we played well.

Some great performances, but very happy in particular to see Naismith continue to improve, and Nankervis did some good stuff as well. I honestly think Naismith is in front of Sinclair in the pecking order now, and if all 4 ruckmen are fit going into finals, surely our 2 to select would be Tippo and Naismith.

Papley is a worry,although he had a good couple of moments in the second half. I would keep him in, unless McGlynn absolutely belts the door down in reserves - I think he provides better forward pressure than McGlynn can, and therefore can contribute even if he is quiet. He still made I believe 6 tackles today and had a couple of nice assists.

A good win but we have to keep it going. At least Port's and St Kilda's finals hopes are basically dead in the water for all intensive purposes, which hopefully might mean they aren't really up for it over the next two weeks. Norf in Tassie will be tough, and who knows with Richmond - if they are anywhere near as bad as they were yesterday against GWS, then they'll be an easy beat, but that rarely happens when we play them.

All in all, wherever we end up in the 8, there has been an awful lot to love about our footy in 2016, and the great contribution the younger guys continue to make. It was quite a contrast today - seeing Freo who plenty of experts tipped to be there or there abouts at the end of the season being towelled up by a young and hungry swans team, who so many said would slide down the ladder in 2016, even potentially miss the finals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Yes, some of our arch enemies must be thinking "they just don't go away!"........well, no we don't........and we won't!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    The call has actually been enjoyable - no BT, no McAvaney. McChins or Brereton spewing their rubbish.
    Yes, I was also thinking that. Cometti will be sorely missed by me when he retires at the end of the year. While I haven't heard much of Mark Readings before, he does seem more competent than most, and the insights provided by Leigh Mathews and Peter Bell were to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Certainly a solid win! Most pleasing was the consistent 4 quarter effort. Our midfield was simply outstanding and our backline water tight when required. Still tough 4 round to go...Port still playing for finals this Saturday!
    I suspect that they'll be playing for a finals spot for about a quarter, but by the second half, the cue will be going in the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A good performance today - it was a danger game, but Freo have fallen so far off the perch this year it isn't funny. Feel sorry for Pavlich, holding out in hope of a flag and seeing the team fall like it has. They were really really poor, but we played well.

Some great performances, but very happy in particular to see Naismith continue to improve, and Nankervis did some good stuff as well. I honestly think Naismith is in front of Sinclair in the pecking order now, and if all 4 ruckmen are fit going into finals, surely our 2 to select would be Tippo and Naismith.

Papley is a worry,although he had a good couple of moments in the second half. I would keep him in, unless McGlynn absolutely belts the door down in reserves - I think he provides better forward pressure than McGlynn can, and therefore can contribute even if he is quiet. He still made I believe 6 tackles today and had a couple of nice assists.

A good win but we have to keep it going. At least Port's and St Kilda's finals hopes are basically dead in the water for all intensive purposes, which hopefully might mean they aren't really up for it over the next two weeks. Norf in Tassie will be tough, and who knows with Richmond - if they are anywhere near as bad as they were yesterday against GWS, then they'll be an easy beat, but that rarely happens when we play them.

All in all, wherever we end up in the 8, there has been an awful lot to love about our footy in 2016, and the great contribution the younger guys continue to make. It was quite a contrast today - seeing Freo who plenty of experts tipped to be there or there abouts at the end of the season being towelled up by a young and hungry swans team, who so many said would slide down the ladder in 2016, even potentially miss the finals.
    Yes, I would have Naismith in front of Sinclair now, even though I think that Sinclair has been useful. And I do like Papley in the side, his harassment skills are very good and he often does something that really shows off his potential. Like forcing Hodge off the ball the other week and then goaling.
    With Richmond, how competitive they will be, may depend on whether they get a new coach in the next week or two?

Harry C played his best game for a while. He might have found his spot in the back pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

I too vote for Naismith over Sinclair.

Sinclair will definitely find it hard to get his spot back when he returns, unless he gets back before Tippett.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast