Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans coaching box

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    ... He doesn't seem to do anything - no computer, no papers - except watch the game closely?
    Sounds like my perfect job.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    IT/stats guru type analyst was my thinking as well. I think Longmire's older son is only about 13 and the young man in the box was older than that.
    Correct - Longmire's son is about 13

He never takes a drink . He hasn't got a bag of sweet and sour snakes , he's completely expressionless even when something magical or a shocking Clanger ocurrs.
    I think he's like a docile companion for Horse , to keep him from exploding .
    Champion race horses have these buddies that just go everywhere with them to give them equanimity.

Horse and his barn pony?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Horse and his barn pony?
    That's a bit cheeky for the birthday of race horses !

Maybe they should do a 'behind the scenes' video with him, like they did with a couple of others (dietician and physio?).

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Maybe they should do a 'behind the scenes' video with him, like they did with a couple of others (dietician and physio?).
    Good idea, would be interesting.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Longmire coaching box

Bit of a smirk after Horse's outburst.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Longmire coaching box

Bit of a smirk after Horse's outburst.
    That's great! But I'd describe it as more of a grimace. And weren't we all yelling 'WHAT' in unison with Longmire - some of us with a few descriptive expletives added - what an appalling umpiring decision on what was an excellent tackle by Macca.

Veteran Site Admin
    While I agree it was a pretty ordinary umpiring call, it was far from the worst we have seen this year and wasn't in a dangerous part of the ground. I find it amusing (and reassuring) that Longmire was invested enough to get really pissed off with the call despite the game being pretty much already over.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    While I agree it was a pretty ordinary umpiring call, it was far from the worst we have seen this year and wasn't in a dangerous part of the ground. I find it amusing (and reassuring) that Longmire was invested enough to get really pissed off with the call despite the game being pretty much already over.
    I don't usually like coaches displaying emotion toward umpires decisions ala the Scott brothers. Roosy always said, control what you can control and focus on whats ahead. The decisions made, it wont change and if you are ranting about the decision you've become a spectator and its not doing the team any good. However that decision against McVeigh was just wrong on all levels. The only other time I can recall Longmire react like this was in the previous weeks game against Carlton when Silvagni clearly ducked into a tackle and the umpire paid high contact. I'd prefer he didn't react but both decisions were so bad it would take a very special person to not react to them in such a way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12