Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 71

Thread: Ted Richards

  1. #49
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,616
    Just been pointed out the first week of the NEAFL finals won't involve the Swans as the Top 2 have a bye. And we're guaranteed top spot already.

  2. #50
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    247
    Great career Ted. You don't owe anybody anything.

    I was a bit surprised he played on this year.

    I still believe he should have got the Norm Smith medal in 2006

  3. #51
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    268
    Teddy having lots of fun in this interview with Grundy

    Ask A Swan: Heath Grundy - August 19, 2016 - sydneyswans.com.au

  4. #52
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    980
    This is a very nice article on the Richards brothers.

    Bloods brothers: Ted and Xavier Richards change places for Sydney

  5. #53
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Great career Ted. You don't owe anybody anything.

    I was a bit surprised he played on this year.

    I still believe he should have got the Norm Smith medal in 2006
    Well, he would have, but he was knocked out by one of those Eagles, who were flying high. Chick, was it? All fine upstanding citizens.

  6. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    This is a very nice article on the Richards brothers.

    Bloods brothers: Ted and Xavier Richards change places for Sydney
    That was a lovely article. Have they played any ressies or pre-season games together?

  7. #55
    RWOs Black Sheep AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Goodesy's Place
    Posts
    10,824
    It's like the passing of the guard.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

  8. #56
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    That was a lovely article. Have they played any ressies or pre-season games together?
    Two NEAFL games this year

    Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,The Reserves Team Goal Kickers 2016

  9. #57
    Travelling Swannie!! mcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    5,027
    Great article - Ted as always shining through as a fantastic guy. Its sad that he is more than likely not going to get a chance for a farewell game, but footy is a harsh game and father time sadly waits for nobody.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

  10. #58
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    411
    I hope he trains the house down. His only chance is an injury to Aliir or Grundy, which may well happen in a heated prelim

  11. #59
    Great article - not the sort Caro is best known for.

    However, the way I recall that 2013 debut of X's, saying "the brothers enjoyed less than 15 minutes together on the SCG" is an understatement. I think it was more like 2 minutes . (Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I remember it.) Would be nice to see them have another game together but I agree the only way I can see it happening is if Reg or Aliir is injured.

    I was intrigued that it was implied that X wasn't very happy about being moved forward when it happened. Is that surprising or to be expected?

  12. #60
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great article - not the sort Caro is best known for.

    However, the way I recall that 2013 debut of X's, saying "the brothers enjoyed less than 15 minutes together on the SCG" is an understatement. I think it was more like 2 minutes . (Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I remember it.) Would be nice to see them have another game together but I agree the only way I can see it happening is if Reg or Aliir is injured.

    I was intrigued that it was implied that X wasn't very happy about being moved forward when it happened. Is that surprising or to be expected?
    It was interesting wasn't it?

    I agree with the comments above about his versatility as a potential back. It occurred to me after the Giants game that he was another option to throw back on Jeremy Cameron when he was dominating. If we can get Reid back fit and firing it gives us an enormous amount of versatility and sets up our key back for the foreseeable future

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO