Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ted Richards

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I was intrigued that it was implied that X wasn't very happy about being moved forward when it happened. Is that surprising or to be expected?
    It is possible that X might have interpreted it as a message that he wasn't going to make it as a defender and was just being parked in the forward line to tread water before getting delisted at the end of the season. Having not been considered as a forward during his time at the club, it's easy to see that it probably came across that way.

I think Teddy would have matched up well against the Giants and Crows, and even the Cats. He would have been a better fit against Cameron, while Grundy on Patton and Aliir on Lobb would have meant Rampe on a Stevie J and less exposed against the height/strength/speed of Cameron.
    Which begs the question... are we better off with Marsh and Laidler in the team?

FWIW, I can't see us bringing back Mills, McVeigh and Ted if we make it through..
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    I think Teddy would have matched up well against the Giants and Crows, and even the Cats. He would have been a better fit against Cameron, while Grundy on Patton and Aliir on Lobb would have meant Rampe on a Stevie J and less exposed against the height/strength/speed of Cameron.
    Which begs the question... are we better off with Marsh and Laidler in the team?

FWIW, I can't see us bringing back Mills, McVeigh and Ted if we make it through..
    I'd argue we are far better off with marsh and Laidler in the team (Sad to say that because its Teddy we are talking about). Ted just hasn't been the same since that concussion against the Hawks, and I think would prove a liability if picked in a team already including Gruny and Aliir in the Back line as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I have to agree. I love Ted but I think he'll only come in if Grundy were to be unavailable for any reason.

I also think mills would likely replace marsh if he's fit

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It is possible that X might have interpreted it as a message that he wasn't going to make it as a defender and was just being parked in the forward line to tread water before getting delisted at the end of the season. Having not been considered as a forward during his time at the club, it's easy to see that it probably came across that way.
    That's what I was thinking when he was moved forward

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    That's what I was thinking when he was moved forward
    and instead it was a stroke of genius

Warming the Bench
    I'm just glad he's found a role in the senior team after years in the reserves. It's been a great part of our 2016!

Reid at CHB makes me think of Saddington - just too slight to really make it even though he had skills and fitness

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Reid at CHB makes me think of Saddington - just too slight to really make it even though he had skills and fitness
    He played CHF in the 2012 Premiership team and it's tougher there than CHB
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Pushing for Selection
    Class all round, not in the senior party (yet) and watched the game from the stands and stayed away from unearned spotlight. I'd be so conflicted if AA doesn't get up, but no room for sentiment in footy

Senior Player
    If aliir doesn't get up then I am thinking tedddy will play if it's the Giants. But against Bulldogs I think we'd be better off with Cunningham

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456