Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gf rematch

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar

Gf rematch

In 05, 06, 15 the team that lost the first final had a rematch in the grandfinal, met the same opponent they lost to week one and came away with the flag.

Let's hope the trend continues.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

LEt's hope the Giants miss out completely. Though, I doubt it very much.

I don't care who we play, Swans are up and about ....

If dogs make the grand final it will mean the 7th ranked team gets to host the 1st ranked team at home. Joke.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Their home is Etihad.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I hope we continue that trend and break another. The Swans have not finished on top of the ladder and won the premiership in the same season for 98 years.

Since we achieved that feat in 1918, we have finished on top of the ladder six times. In the previous five seasons where we finished on top of the ladder, we lost the Grand Final in each of those years (1935, 1936, 1945, 1996, 2014).

Here's hoping our team of Cobs and Cygnets can prevail in eight days.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Let's just state the obvious for just one last time.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........
    THE HOME OF THE. AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE GRAND FINAL IS THE MCG
    Apart from one soulless year this is what it is if you want to win it that's where you need to do so . No amount of keyboard warfare will change that

Stuey Dew played in AFL premierships in 2004 (Port) & 2008 (Hawks), & was involved in the 2012 premiership with Sydney's coaching staff .... leap years & premierships seem to sit well with Stuey

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I hope we continue that trend and break another. The Swans have not finished on top of the ladder and won the premiership in the same season for 98 years.

Since we achieved that feat in 1918, we have finished on top of the ladder six times. In the previous five seasons where we finished on top of the ladder, we lost the Grand Final in each of those years (1935, 1936, 1945, 1996, 2014).

Here's hoping our team of Cobs and Cygnets can prevail in eight days.
    But they did continue the trend of every minor premier finishing the season with a % greater than 143% has at least made the grand final.

And so far with grand finals, I've been lucky enough to attend 1996 (L), 2005 (W), 2006 (L), 2012 (W), 2014 (L). I hope the trend continues ....

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Stuey Dew played in AFL premierships in 2004 (Port) & 2008 (Hawks), & was involved in the 2012 premiership with Sydney's coaching staff .... leap years & premierships seem to sit well with Stuey
    And to strengthen the omen, he also played in a SANFL premiership for Centrals in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If dogs make the grand final it will mean the 7th ranked team gets to host the 1st ranked team at home. Joke.
    I thought Swans and Giants GF would have to be moved to ANZ (Your grand old lady of Australian sport)...
    Swannies for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast