Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MRP (Parker cleared but what about Sam Mitchell?)

MRP (Parker cleared but what about Sam Mitchell?)

So it's good to see that Luke Parker was cleared by the Match Reveal Panel of any wrong doing with the accidental hit on Chad Wingard. Not even facing him, accidental and no intent to hurt at all. But can somebody please explain how Sam Mitchell gets off for this? Not even a fine? #FreeKickHawthorn Check out the vid on the AFL site and make up your own mind!

Senior Player
    It is just incredible isn't it? Mitchell swung AT Watts, he knew where is head was and he went for it. Can't have Hawthorn lose and drop out of four now, can we?

MRP: Star Hawk Mitchell in the clear, but teammates charged - AFL.com.au

It definitely was a clenched fist, however it would not have bruised a grape. The MRP would have been better to say insufficient force to warrant a charge. Karma is bound to get him and his team mates.

Out of all the Hawthorn incidents, including 2 for Rioli (I thought he could have also been charged for a dangerous tackle when he lifted the leg of a player), the Sicily one was the least problematic as it was in a marking contest, and yet he was the one that got a week. Makes you wonder sometimes.

I don't understand the Rioli assessment for his bump on Oliver as Careless and Low impact, as this seems extremely generous. I think he should have gotten 3 weeks, like Zak Dawson got for hitting Lloyd. Looked about the same to me.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 8th August 2016 at 06:13 PM.

Senior Player
    They updated the article on the afl website:

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head

I heard on bigfooty a former Hawthorn CEO is the head of the MRP.

Hawthorn are one goddamn corrupt club.

Hitting someone in the face with intent I guess is ok as long as it's not with force. OK. So lets see what the MRP says if there's another similar incident. I'm sure they will get suspended #Inconsistency

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Out of all the Hawthorn incidents, including 2 for Rioli (I thought he could have also been charged for a dangerous tackle when he lifted the leg of a player), the Sicily one was the least problematic as it was in a marking contest, and yet he was the one that got a week. Makes you wonder sometimes.

I don't understand the Rioli assessment for his bump on Oliver as Careless and Low impact, as this seems extremely generous. I think he should have gotten 3 weeks, like Zak Dawson got for hitting Lloyd. Looked about the same to me.
    It is simple really. Sicily is bottom six player = expendable and cops a ban for appearance sake. Mitchell and Cyril are top six in the squad = move along, nothing to see

@@@@ing disgusting so over it

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    They updated the article on the afl website:

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head
    Hang on, are you saying that the MRPs full Statement was changed after it was first posted? This Statement: Match Review Panel full statement: round 20 - M.afl.com.au ?

Twitter was originally saying that the MRP deemed no contact to the head, which made their decision to fine Rioli all the more strange because if it's not head, it's body, which means no case to answer.

Changing the 'article' is entirely bizarre given it's their full statement. What did the statement say before it was updated? No head contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    I heard on bigfooty a former Hawthorn CEO is the head of the MRP.

Hawthorn are one goddamn corrupt club.
    Don't think that is right. MRP is a four-member panel, of whom three rule on incidents each week with the panel members alternating each week.

The current four members are:

Michael Christian ( ex Collingwood player)

Nathan Burke ( ex St Kilda player)

Chris Knights (ex Richmond and Adelaide player)

Jason Johnson ( ex Essendon player)

"A player's innocence or guilt is decided on a majority 3-0 or 2-1 ruling."

Former Tiger and Bomber join Match Review Panel - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by vleung1208 View Post
    Hitting someone in the face with intent I guess is ok as long as it's not with force. OK. So lets see what the MRP says if there's another similar incident. I'm sure they will get suspended #Inconsistency
    It's consistent with the decision made in Round 11 when no action was taken against Melbourne�s Bernie Vince for striking Hawthorn�s Isaac Smith. A similar reason was given then - that contact was made with an open hand and there was insufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. If you watch the Saturday's video, Watts was hardly an innocent in the incident with Mitchell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast