Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Rnd 20 MDT. Sydney V Port Adelaide. SCG. 13.45pm.

Veteran Site Admin
    The AFL website's Brownlow medal prediction comments that betting has been suspended temporarily on Parker, pending the MRP's assessment of a "high hit" on Wingard in Saturday's game. I didn't notice anything live on the game or on the bits of the replay I've watched. Nor had I read anything about it up to then.

Has he got anything to worry about (not in the context of the Brownlow - much less important than his availability next week to take on the Stains).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The AFL website's Brownlow medal prediction comments that betting has been suspended temporarily on Parker, pending the MRP's assessment of a "high hit" on Wingard in Saturday's game. I didn't notice anything live on the game or on the bits of the replay I've watched. Nor had I read anything about it up to then.

Has he got anything to worry about (not in the context of the Brownlow - much less important than his availability next week to take on the Stains).
    Ridiculous incident. Parker accidentally elbowed Wingard to the face when he was being tackled, nothing malicious he was just trying to shake free of the tackler

Parker raised the elbow after turning towards the ball

Wingard received a hit to his jaw from parker turning away

Didn't look deliberate to hit Wingard in the face but Parker did protect his turning circle with a raised elbow

Id say Parker will escape penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Looking at the other results of this round I wish we went a bit harder in the 4th qtr.. Percentage is going to be a big decider this year. It has been a nice stress free couple of weeks which was nice for a change. We need some more resistance in the lead up to the finals and hopefully we get it and win with no injuries !
    Gotta make up your mind - resistance or percentage? I vote percentage!

Warming the Bench
    Good win with an even contribution across the ground. My heart skipped a beat when Gary got injured.
    I know we need to test ourselves against the better teams but it's great that the younger players are getting some good wins. It gives them confidence in taking on the game and they'll need to do this in the finals against better teams.
    When we get good starts against the lower teams the game is virtually over by quarter time. We need to do this against the better teams.
    I hope Kirky has a quiet word with Papley about staging for free kicks - not the Swans way.

Nice to see the Hawks got beaten by the Demons. 1 more loss and they'll be out of the top 4. Will the AFL allow this? Stevic to umpire the Hawks for the next 3 games

Veterans List
    As I posted previously, from the vision it didn't look like Parker knew he was there. Incidental to the play.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Good win with an even contribution across the ground. My heart skipped a beat when Gary got injured.
    I know we need to test ourselves against the better teams but it's great that the younger players are getting some good wins. It gives them confidence in taking on the game and they'll need to do this in the finals against better teams.
    When we get good starts against the lower teams the game is virtually over by quarter time. We need to do this against the better teams.
    I hope Kirky has a quiet word with Papley about staging for free kicks - not the Swans way.

Nice to see the Hawks got beaten by the Demons. 1 more loss and they'll be out of the top 4. Will the AFL allow this? Stevic to umpire the Hawks for the next 3 games
    Though I disagree with it, in Tom Papley's defence. If you can play 3rd quarters of pressure football and receive three F/kicks only,then you start thinking to yourself, What do I need to do to get a rightful free kick? Do I need to do some staging??

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Cleared. I'd heard nothing of it until today either, so can't have been very notable.

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "JUST IN: Luke Parker has been cleared by the Match Review Panel of contact with Chad Wingard during Saturday's match."

All is well. Correct outcome.

"Contact between the Sydney Swans� Luke Parker and Port Adelaide�s Chad Wingard from the third quarter of Saturday�s match was assessed. The ball was loose with Wingard moving towards Parker. Parker tried to take possession of the ball and, as he lifted his arms, his right arm made high contact with the approaching Wingard. It was the view of the panel that Parker�s action was not reportable and no further action was required."

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    All is well. Correct outcome.

"Contact between the Sydney Swans� Luke Parker and Port Adelaide�s Chad Wingard from the third quarter of Saturday�s match was assessed. The ball was loose with Wingard moving towards Parker. Parker tried to take possession of the ball and, as he lifted his arms, his right arm made high contact with the approaching Wingard. It was the view of the panel that Parker�s action was not reportable and no further action was required."
    Paaaaarrrrrkkkkkeeeerrrrrrr.
    (*Insert swoon here)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Looked to me the last two weeks that any load training that may have been happening has eased off........the boys are now on top of the grass !!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112