Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MRP (Parker cleared but what about Sam Mitchell?)

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Hang on, are you saying that the MRPs full Statement was changed after it was first posted? This Statement: Match Review Panel full statement: round 20 - M.afl.com.au ?
    A copy of the original statement is on the NM Big Footy website. The original statement had the words 'low impact to the body.' The statement was later revised and the word 'head' was substituted for 'body'. Every other player involved in a similar incident this year got at least 2 weeks. It seems to me that Sicily took the rap for Mitchell and Rioli since he hasn't been playing well and was likely to be dropped anyway.

It's hard to tell if the Mitchell hit was with a closed fist or open hand, but seems to be a hit rather than a push, as the motion looks continuous. But the MRP have other videos I believe.

Could you just imagine the outcry if Adam Goodes had been let off for either one of those incidents.

To remove bias all MRP members must have played for at least 3 clubs.

Doctor jolly.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    To remove bias all MRP members must have played for at least 3 clubs.

Doctor jolly.
    Mitch Morton

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A copy of the original statement is on the NM Big Footy website. The original statement had the words 'low impact to the body.' The statement was later revised and the word 'head' was substituted for 'body'. Every other player involved in a similar incident this year got at least 2 weeks. It seems to me that Sicily took the rap for Mitchell and Rioli since he hasn't been playing well and was likely to be dropped anyway.

It's hard to tell if the Mitchell hit was with a closed fist or open hand, but seems to be a hit rather than a push, as the motion looks continuous. But the MRP have other videos I believe.

Could you just imagine the outcry if Adam Goodes had been let off for either one of those incidents.
    Ok, so this gets interesting. In changing its Statement in this way, I think the MRP has changed its decision....AFTER it has met. Does this happen often? Surely this cannot be a printing error. They meet, review and take a record of it. Are they saying they got their decision wrong?

A deliberate hip and shoulder that makes contact with the body = no charge, that I know. What happens when it's the head? I thought that is an automatic suspension, the severity of which is determined by the medical report and whether the player impacted remains on the ground?

What I'n getting at is whether it's body or head, their decision is quite bizarre in both scenarios. This was pointed out across the Internet, so the MRP subsequently changes their decision to the least of the two?

There's quite a few other lines to read between on this, but I won't go there. Perhaps it was really a typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Mitch Morton
    Dermie
    Barry Mitchell
    Glenn Coleman
    Bernard Toohey
    Jim Edmond
    Spider

our list goes on & on

There's quite a few other lines to read between on this, but I won't go there. Perhaps it was really a typo
    It was a bad day at the office at the MRP. They will have to start drug testing the typists soon.

Apparently someone named Corsica was suspended for a week, but was revised later to read Sicily.

They also misspelled the word 'punch' as 'slap'.

Oh well. I'm sure they'll get it fixed up by the time someone NOT from Hawthorn is reported.

What happens when it's the head? I thought that is an automatic suspension, the severity of which is determined by the medical report and whether the player impacted remains on the ground?
    No, don't think that's right. Careless/high/low impact = a fine. It has to be at least medium impact and high/groin to be a suspension.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Mitch Morton
    BBBBH!!

# freekickhawthorn
    Business.
    As usual.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

There's a discussion on the Rioli decision with former umpire Derek-Humphrey Smith on SEN.

Listen Here: https://www.sen.com.au/audio

MRP decision:

Rioli is still moving forward, the ball is behind him, and he's knocked a bigger player than himself backwards and off his feet.

Conclusion: Low Impact

The Umpires View: Cyril should have been suspended

https://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/08-1...cW0UUm4VZgO.97
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 9th August 2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: rule 7c

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast