Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this swans team the most fun team to watch since 1996?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Most enjoyable year since 2003 in some ways.

A fresh batch of kids who have surprised on the upside (even Mills), we've gone above expectations and it's been a fun ride to watch.

I still have a view next year is more likely a premiership year as it is a very young side to take through hard finals for the first time, but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

And PS: go watch Crouch's contest against four WC players in the first quarter of the 2005 GF in the lead up to Schneiders goal if you doubt his value as a player. Vivid to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Most enjoyable year since 2003 in some ways.

A fresh batch of kids who have surprised on the upside (even Mills), we've gone above expectations and it's been a fun ride to watch.

I still have a view next year is more likely a premiership year as it is a very young side to take through hard finals for the first time, but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

And PS: go watch Crouch's contest against four WC players in the first quarter of the 2005 GF in the lead up to Schneiders goal if you doubt his value as a player. Vivid to this day.
    Geez. I think what I said has been overblown. Good player, but a boring one to watch with no personality is all I'm saying. Gave great service to our club. And yes I remember the contest you're talking about in the 1st quarter. It was good.

The best thing I remember from him was tagging Akermanis and making him have a cry. I remember once Akermanis got so pissed off he slapped Crouch on the back. Haha.

Senior Player
    1996 is pretty much untoppable. We had started coming good in 1995, when we won eight games (up from four in 1994 & one in 1993) with
    the arrival of Plugger, Roos & Maxfield. But 16 1/2 wins in the H & A, after losing the first two rounds, who would have predicted that.
    We went on a tear mid season and won eight or nine straight by big margins. It was very exciting. These days 15 or 16 wins is our starting position, and it never crosses my mind we won't make the finals. This year has been good, though I wish we could string more than three wins together at a time. Everyone has said it a million times before, but being in second spot now with so many inexperienced players is quite an achievement. I just want our guys to be really switched for about eighteen hours in total between now and Oct 1. Then we just need
    a bit of luck.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    1996 is pretty much untoppable. We had started coming good in 1995, when we won eight games (up from four in 1994 & one in 1993) with
    the arrival of Plugger, Roos & Maxfield. But 16 1/2 wins in the H & A, after losing the first two rounds, who would have predicted that.
    We went on a tear mid season and won eight or nine straight by big margins. It was very exciting. These days 15 or 16 wins is our starting position, and it never crosses my mind we won't make the finals. This year has been good, though I wish we could string more than three wins together at a time. Everyone has said it a million times before, but being in second spot now with so many inexperienced players is quite an achievement. I just want our guys to be really switched for about eighteen hours in total between now and Oct 1. Then we just need
    a bit of luck.
    Why do people forget Derek Kickett. He was an absolute gun playing next to Plugger.

Senior Player
    I think Derek came in 94. He played every game for Essendon in 93, but was dropped by Sheedy for the Grand Final. Harsh.
    So many great left footers for us back then. Maxfield, Kickett, Lewis, Bayes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Why do people forget Derek Kickett. He was an absolute gun playing next to Plugger.

2014 was a great year right up until the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think Derek came in 94. He played every game for Essendon in 93, but was dropped by Sheedy for the Grand Final. Harsh.
    So many great left footers for us back then. Maxfield, Kickett, Lewis, Bayes.....
    Didn't Derek come in 1995? Can't recall seeing him in 1994?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123