Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes for Round 21 v St Kilda

Veterans List
    All sides do it and the Saints are at it....bring in McCartin to exploit our short backline. My memory is that Riewolt doesn't tear us apart.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Riewoldt is more of a winger now a days who covers the whole ground rather than a CHF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    All sides do it and the Saints are at it....bring in McCartin to exploit our short backline. My memory is that Riewolt doesn't tear us apart.
    As always, the game will be won in the middle - if we stop the flow from the middle and get a fair share of the ball (like we've done so effectively against Port and Freo over the last two weeks) we should do it fairly comfortably. But if the Saints can break even in there, it might be a different story. A clear danger game for us, but I think we are up to it
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

My fears are their outside speed and tall marking forward line.

These assets are dependent on their getting clean possession but as "mcs" says our midfield have been great recently in both winning the ball and applying extreme pressure on the opposition when they have it.

If we allow them to get the ball quickly and effectively into their forward line they can and will hurt us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12