Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21. MDT. St Kilda V Sydney. ES , 7:25pm

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Why do you worry about us playing GWS? I think for this year at least, they are only really dangerous at Spotless and even if they overtake us and we meet them in a home final, it will be played at ANZ which I think would be a huge advantage to us.
    I'm far more worried about Adelaide, a scary good team.
    I certainly don't fancy the prospect of Adelaide away in the finals - that would not be an easy game at all. I feel we could have their measure at home though, and who knows at the 'G.

I would be confident we can beat GWS if its not at Spotless.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I feel that GWS have the most talented side and the only one to beat us by a sizable margin. If we play them at ANZ it will be at a neutral ground, while for any other team it will be an away game at a stadium they may have played at before. We will probably have the opportunity to practice a few times on the ground prior to the final, but so will GWS.

Adelaide have just come off 3 consecutive weeks of playing the worst teams in the league, so it's hard to judge how they are really travelling. 4 weeks ago they were beaten handily by Geelong. Teams with good defenses don't let their forwards run amok and get behind them play after play as they have in the past 3 games. That said, I think they are the next most dangerous club to play.

Geelong is the team I would most like to play in week one of the finals. I feel pretty confident we can beat them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Why do you worry about us playing GWS? I think for this year at least, they are only really dangerous at Spotless and even if they overtake us and we meet them in a home final, it will be played at ANZ which I think would be a huge advantage to us.
    I'm far more worried about Adelaide, a scary good team.
    Yep, Eddie Betts and mates are a much bigger challenge than GWS who are now tiring .
    Quite happy to play GWS .

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    We play who we play��..

Let the others worry about us.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    We play who we play��..

Let the others worry about us.
    True, but it is an interesting topic that not a lot of AFL fans get to talk about.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Well, that was an awesome second half.
    I'm in love with Allir.
    And Buddy.
    And Joey.
    And Parks.
    And Millsy.
    And Ramps.
    And Smooch.
    Etc.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    True, but it is an interesting topic that not a lot of AFL fans get to talk about.
    Yes.

GWS, who look like missing out on top 4, will be hoping they can align themselves with us in later finals to avoid travelling.

Eg. Finish 5th. Their dream would be:
    - Home final against Melbourne (win)
    - Next final away at MCG against ??, to get some MCG experience
    - "Home" prelim against Swans.

On the opposite, we would look to avoid GWS to maximize home ground advantage.

Had a fun night at Etihad and a chance to see Aliir live. This kid is seriously good. Next year AA will be AA CHB.

AA or Hewett for the Rising Star Nod ?
    AA is a star but im happy to admit I was wrong about Hewitt, much better player than I thought he was especially with more midfield time
    Loving the X Man too.

Tippo in for Nank
    Than Jones if fit for Harry is a coin toss, Reid for DT who will be unlucky but its too hard to ignore what Reid can bring if they get him going

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    AA or Hewett for the Rising Star Nod ?
    AA is a star but im happy to admit I was wrong about Hewitt, much better player than I thought he was especially with more midfield time
    Loving the X Man too.

Tippo in for Nank
    Than Jones if fit for Harry is a coin toss, Reid for DT who will be unlucky but its too hard to ignore what Reid can bring if they get him going
    AA is not eligible for Rising Star.

I'd pick Jones over Harry, who cost us a couple of goals on Saturday night with errant kicking out of the defensive 50. That isn't to say I'm not comfortable with Harry down there - he is doing an ok job, but I think Jones is better for our balance.

Reid won't be back this year - worry about him in 2017 in my book.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Couldn't we could actually meet GWS in week 2 of the finals if they won their elimination final, and we lost our first final.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Yes.

GWS, who look like missing out on top 4, will be hoping they can align themselves with us in later finals to avoid travelling.

Eg. Finish 5th. Their dream would be:
    - Home final against Melbourne (win)
    - Next final away at MCG against ??, to get some MCG experience
    - "Home" prelim against Swans.

On the opposite, we would look to avoid GWS to maximize home ground advantage.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Couldn't we could actually meet GWS in week 2 of the finals if they won their elimination final, and we lost our first final.
    That's it! You're out! As if we will lose our QF.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast