Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21. MDT. St Kilda V Sydney. ES , 7:25pm

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The Parker high fend off led to a goal as did the dodgy call on the deliberate OOB from memory.

When he punched it over? Wasn't dodgy to me what else was he trying to do but find the line?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    How good a kick is X???!!! Dead eye, Dicky Navis would be proud!
    Yes, he was impressive. And it's interesting how he's doing a reverse Ted. That is, Ted was originally a fairly average forward, but once he went back, he became a star. Whereas with X, he was running around in the ressies and it was questionable whether his contact would be renewed, but once he was tried as a forward, he immediately looked like he belonged in the firsts.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    After all the 50s the Saints supporters around me were going nuts and one yelled out that they should give us the flag now because Hawthorn would have no chance with the umpiring like that...how ironic !

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    How ironic - I still remember the 13 to 3 free kick account versus Hawthorn plus the 2 ridiculous 50m penalties. Nothing was said. I thought the push in the back to Buddy 50m was very lucky. The Papley was abuse and the McVeigh one, the guy just kept walking forward over the mark, Brainless. However we were about 50 points in front at the time. If the game was in the balance, theses kicks or 50m penalties would have gone the other way. This makes the end of year stats look better.

Callum Mills had 27 touches at 80% 8 marks must be tempting for Longmire to leave him in defence such a good user of the footy.

Our Third? Rising Star after Goodes and Hanners, Heeney unlucky with injury last year.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azzzr View Post
    When he punched it over? Wasn't dodgy to me what else was he trying to do but find the line?
    Knock it back over the pack where it came from - they had numbers on that side. Can dissect those decisions (as we'd be more likely to do if it went against us) but thought the decisions favoured us in general.

Unrelated but Nankervis was the pick of the rucks today I thought. Potential dilemma when Tippett and Sinclair make their way back.

I see it differently that's been paid all year if he was trying to find a team mate he could of taken possession but the difference was he tried to clear the area and found the boundary which is the way they want this new rule to be officiated nakers was easily best ruckman on ground for us, hickey was giving Naismith a touch up but he will learn from it

That second half was brutally beautiful amd very impressive. There is such a lot to like about this team and where it is going.

Make no mistake, we are in the flag race up to our necks - that was some good footy tonight to neutralise a fired up saints early and then belt them in the second half.

Work rate of XR was supremely impressive all night, he did really well for mine and is improving every week. As for allir, he is going to be a cult hero at this rate - i love what he can do!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We were behind at the end of Q1, nose in front after Q2, and then we exploded. One difference I noticed was that we seemed to rely less on bombing it into the 50 and instead worked our way into positions where we could deliver the ball to one well-positioned player, or even have a choice of players. Whatever else was done, we really turned it on and kept the foot down until the last 10 minutes or so. A terrific display all round, and again not a passenger to be seen. the TLM is going to be a problem - but what a nice problem!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

It was great - I just wish twats like BT would stop calling us premiership favourites - we don't do well with that tag hanging over our heads - under the radar is my preference - just hope we win the next two - hv the break then come into the finals with the fire and desire to Finish the rest off.

a game of two halves

Veterans List
    Does Nankervis have anything to worry about for his bump on Fisher? At the ground it didn't look high but Fisher was holding his jaw when he came to the bench.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast