Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21. MDT. St Kilda V Sydney. ES , 7:25pm

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    So have Richmond by the look of it...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Typical from Richmond but by gee there was some absolutely diabolical umpiring in that last quarter.

In particular, Riewoldt should have had a clear free kick for holding in the goal square - no free kick and Geelong took it coast to coast to kick a goal. Next set of play, there were what I consider at least 2, maybe even 3 clear free kicks to Richmond in their forward line about 30 out, and again Geelong got away with it and took it up the other end for a goal - off a free kick no less for a very similar offence. Richmond should easily have held that lead, and have shown why they are such a fragile and mediocre club, but by gee the Umpires did their bit took at a critical time in the match. Either of those end up in goals for Richmond as they probably would have and they would of held on.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think it's better for us if Geelong and Adelaide win, and keep the Giants out of the top 4. We should win the next 2 and secure a top 2 finish and would prefer to play anyone but the Giants. I'm more worried now that WC will beat Hawthorn and the Giants will come back into the 4, but probably not 4th, so we won't have to play them 1st up.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Typical from Richmond but by gee there was some absolutely diabolical umpiring in that last quarter.

In particular, Riewoldt should have had a clear free kick for holding in the goal square - no free kick and Geelong took it coast to coast to kick a goal.
    Nah just before that a Geelong player was dumped after he got rid of it so it should have been a free to the cats. It happened right in front of me.

Cats had way more scoring shots so should have won by more. The tigers were very efficient going forward...at one point they had 13 scoring shots from only 19 entries. Tigers had no run in the last quarter.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Nah just before that a Geelong player was dumped after he got rid of it so it should have been a free to the cats. It happened right in front of me.

Cats had way more scoring shots so should have won by more. The tigers were very efficient going forward...at one point they had 13 scoring shots from only 19 entries. Tigers had no run in the last quarter.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Of course the cats should have won by more, and Richmond were woeful late - but I think geelong had the rub of the green at the critical times - a goal to Richmond might have been enough to really shift the momentum enough to get the tigers home. Ah well, least geelong didn't get a percentage boost out of it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I need a live ladder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I need a live ladder!!!!
    1.hawks
    2.swans
    3.adelaide ( needed to win by over 100 to jump us )
    4.geelong
    who cares about the rest

Thanks azzzr!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Freo are simply pathetic. Richmond are worse ... except they like to beat us

Dead Ladder

What a pitiful life it must be to be a richmond supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think it's better for us if Geelong and Adelaide win, and keep the Giants out of the top 4. We should win the next 2 and secure a top 2 finish and would prefer to play anyone but the Giants. I'm more worried now that WC will beat Hawthorn and the Giants will come back into the 4, but probably not 4th, so we won't have to play them 1st up.
    Why do you worry about us playing GWS? I think for this year at least, they are only really dangerous at Spotless and even if they overtake us and we meet them in a home final, it will be played at ANZ which I think would be a huge advantage to us.
    I'm far more worried about Adelaide, a scary good team.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast