Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRP - Parker and Nankervis

MRP - Parker and Nankervis

Great win last night but Media are talking about 2 incidents.

1) Parker's fend off. Was high and should probably have been a free kick. Don't think there's anything in it. Shouldn't warrant a fine either.
    2) Nankervis hit. Seemed like a shoulder charge that was slightly high - the fact Fischer went off the ground isn't a good sign. Could be a week given injury. If anything, Nankervis was likely going to make way for Tippett.

Veteran Site Admin
    The Parker incident should definitely have been a free to the Saints but I can't believe it is being discussed in the context of MRP sanctions. Don't think I've seen close up vision of the Nankervis hit because the telecast was too taken with the ensuing Buddy goal. Given the outcome he's probably in a little bit of trouble, regardless of the merits of the action itself.

Assuming Tippett trains fine this week, it will just take a tricky decision away from the coaching team on which of the two Ns to omit. Naismith has been the better of the two over the last month, but Nankervis was excellent last night. He really does have a pretty good footy brain on him.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    After watching a replay I think Nankervis will be suspended if Fisher has suffered an injury. Unfortunately for Nankervis, Fisher didn't have possession at the time so Toby couldn't go for the tackle otherwise would have given away a free kick, but running at that speed the only thing he could do was bump while waiting for impact. His shoulder made contact with Fisher's head

Nanker would be fine if he played for hawthorn.
    Some trouble id say but good record might see him just get a fine.

Parker is fine.

Veterans List
    Looked to me like a shepard. His feet were planted on the ground. He is a big man and it was a big hip and shoulder. Should not be penalised for his size. Mumford is good at that stuff. If Rioli gets off he gets off.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Looked to me like a shepard. His feet were planted on the ground. He is a big man and it was a big hip and shoulder. Should not be penalised for his size. Mumford is good at that stuff. If Rioli gets off he gets off.
    Rioli's man got up and played out the game, so unfortunately, Nankers' hit will be graded higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If Rioli gets off he gets off.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rioli didn't get off he got fined.

Veterans List
    I posted on the match thread that I heard on the radio that Fisher has been cleared of any damage to his jaw.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Rioli plays for Hawthorn. Nank plays for, well, us. There's the difference right there.

Warming the Bench
    Parkers was a high fend off - should have been a free to Saints but nothing more. It did lead to a goal though.

Nankervis - I think he might be in trouble. It was a bump with head-high contact and Fisher took no further part in the game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    IE: He got off!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast