Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRP - Parker and Nankervis

Veterans List
    I have finally seen a replay of the Nankervis incident and the top of his shoulder hit Fisher's jaw. I think he will get 2 weeks down to 1.

Parker should be fine as it was just a high fend off. Seeing it at the game I was surprised that it wasn't a free.

Apparently Boomer Harvey might be in trouble for a late incident on Mitchell.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I have finally seen a replay of the Nankervis incident and the top of his shoulder hit Fisher's jaw. I think he will get 2 weeks down to 1.

Parker should be fine as it was just a high fend off. Seeing it at the game I was surprised that it wasn't a free.

Apparently Boomer Harvey might be in trouble for a late incident on Mitchell.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Good. Sniper.....always has been, although it's a pity Mitchell got up.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 15th August 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Happy and I know it
    From Patrick Keane ?@AFL on Twitter
    Toby Nankervis cleared contact SFisher. Panel said Nankervis braced for contact. Action was not a bumping motion and not reportable.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player

Full words from MRP statement. Good, that's what it looked like to me at the time but I was beginning to doubt this would be the outcome.

"Contact between the Sydney Swans� Toby Nankervis and St Kilda�s Sam Fisher from the third quarter of Saturday�s match was assessed. The ball was loose with Nankervis and Fisher running towards the contest from opposite directions. Fisher arrived at the ball momentarily before Nankervis and slapped the ball forward, past his opponent. Nankervis, who was committed to the contest, braced for contact with his arms crossed in front of him. High contact was made to the St Kilda player. It was the view of the panel that Nankervis� action was not a bumping motion and his actions were not reportable. No further action was taken."

The MRP saved the AFL website some embarrassment as the passage of play in which the Nankervis collision occurred is listed at No. 2 on the "round 21's best moments" video! (The final seconds Nic Nat goal to win the match against GWS was (unsurprisingly) No. 1.)

Parker fend-off is not mentioned in MRP statement.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Good. Sniper.....always has been, although it's a pity Mitchell got up.....
    Harvey fined - careless conduct, low impact to head.

Brilliant. All clear!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    From Patrick Keane ?@AFL on Twitter
    Toby Nankervis cleared contact SFisher. Panel said Nankervis braced for contact. Action was not a bumping motion and not reportable.
    That was my initial view of it when it happened, and replays confirmed that in my mind. He couldn't really avoid contact, but I must admit, it was a very effective 'bracing'! Reminded me of Mummy and I thought "mmmmmm, I like it!"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Harvey fined - careless conduct, low impact to head.
    Bummer! It's interesting, 'fine' worthy offences now include gut punches, jumper punches to the face (unless you're Tom Hawkins) and round arms to the head. Wow.....and they want to stamp out on field violence?! I'm glad they took a 'common sense' approach to Nanka's hit though.

Veteran Site Admin
    My initial reaction, live, was that it was more of a collision between two big men, but the more you watch these things, the more you start to see them other ways. While I think that the MRP adjudication of Toby's actions is perfectly reasonable, I suspect there have been similar instances in past seasons (or possibly even this season) where such an action is deemed to constitute a bump and the player has been held accountable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast