Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRP - Parker and Nankervis

Barry Hall would have been suspended with a collision like Toby's .. Just saying! Pleased Toby is available for an interesting selection of talls this week

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    My initial reaction, live, was that it was more of a collision between two big men, but the more you watch these things, the more you start to see them other ways. While I think that the MRP adjudication of Toby's actions is perfectly reasonable, I suspect there have been similar instances in past seasons (or possibly even this season) where such an action is deemed to constitute a bump and the player has been held accountable.
    Agree, the MRP has seemed to be heading in the direction of 'damage done' and not on the merits of the circumstances, and I was a bit worried when it was obvious Fischer was hurt, and the jaw was involved. Thankfully this time they looked sensibly at the circumstances......should be more of it!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Bummer! It's interesting, 'fine' worthy offences now include gut punches, jumper punches to the face (unless you're Tom Hawkins) and round arms to the head. Wow.....and they want to stamp out on field violence?! I'm glad they took a 'common sense' approach to Nanka's hit though.
    Then again, I'm not sure if hitting Sam Mitchell should incur any punishment?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Then again, I'm not sure if hitting Sam Mitchell should incur any punishment?

Why are The Swans enjoying such a charmed existence at the moment .
    It's unfamiliar territory .

In principle the MRP no-charge decision on Nankervis is similar to that made by the then MRP in 2014 on Hannebery for his head-high collision with Hurley. In both cases the MRP is in effect saying the Swans player had no other option in the circumstances. Mind you, there was a bit of an uproar over the Hannebery decision so I expect the Nankervis decision won't be popular with some either!

Not sure about the result of an action having a bearing on the penalty.

Imagine if speeding drivers were only booked if they had an accident?

Kind of annoys me when you see deliberate punches connect, but as there was no injury it's all ok.
    Not sending the right message.
    This also applies for Toby's incident. Not intentional, so for me, not an issue.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Not sure about the result of an action having a bearing on the penalty.

Imagine if speeding drivers were only booked if they had an accident?

Kind of annoys me when you see deliberate punches connect, but as there was no injury it's all ok.
    Not sending the right message.
    This also applies for Toby's incident. Not intentional, so for me, not an issue.
    Yes, good point, and on a slight tangent: even though Sam Mitchell was on the receiving end this week, it seems like every third week, he is having some sort of deliberate cheap shot assessed. With these, he either gets off or gets a slap on the wrist. So I think that essentially what the Tribunal has done, is to train him how deliver an illegal blow, with just the right amount of force to cause pain to and anger an opponent, but with not enough force to be suspended.
    Probably not a great outcome.

So glad that Nankervis is free to play. With Tippo coming into the senior side, probably Nanka will play in the ressies. Tom Derickx has had to carry the load in the reserves since Sinclair went down. Galloway is useless and Tom has pretty much had to go it alone in the ruck. He was hit in the face in the 3rd qtr and looked ready to throw in the towel but played on despite the threat of serious long term injury.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Harvey fined - careless conduct, low impact to head.
    Careless??
    Not intentional??
    I call BS.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The MRP saved the AFL website some embarrassment as the passage of play in which the Nankervis collision occurred is listed at No. 2 on the "round 21's best moments" video! (The final seconds Nic Nat goal to win the match against GWS was (unsurprisingly) No. 1.)
    Very true Meg.
    Lol

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

MRP - Parker and Nankervis

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    So glad that Nankervis is free to play. With Tippo coming into the senior side, probably Nanka will play in the ressies. Tom Derickx has had to carry the load in the reserves since Sinclair went down. Galloway is useless and Tom has pretty much had to go it alone in the ruck. He was hit in the face in the 3rd qtr and looked ready to throw in the towel but played on despite the threat of serious long term injury.
    Ludwig, excuse me but did I read this correctly? Are you saying something complimentary about Tom Dx??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast