Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Case for Nankervis over Naismith this weekend

Its a club ban so from afl perspective he can be named right now

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Talia will need a few weeks of playing before being considered and agree 110% that Ted would have seniority and priority.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Probably didn't want to risk playing him with drugs in his system
    It certainly didn't hurt Ben Cousins' performance in the 2006 GF.

Anyway, the saddest part of this whole story is that Talia was arrested before he got a chance to have a snort. I noticed the headline story on the Swans website Buddy's Night Out. I hope this is the beginning of a new Big Night Out series from Swans media. Can't wait to hear Michael's story.

Senior Player
    Have enjoyed watching Toby get an opportunity over the last few weeks, but its Naismith by a long shot for me. His ruck work is the best at the club and he has been able to sneak forward and snag a few marks. Once he gets his tank up he's going to offer more around the ground.

Going forward I have our rucks ordered as follows:

Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair, Nankervis, Derickx

Going to be interesting at end of season, Tom will obviously be gone. Hopefully we can keep Toby as well, otherwise we're back to looking for another ruck back up.

Sinclair is now looking like an expensive back up ruckman, hopefully with the extra competition for spots he can step up his game another notch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Talia will need a few weeks of playing before being considered and agree 110% that Ted would have seniority and priority.
    I image he will need more than a few weeks to win back the respect of the playing group and coaching group, before he is even considered for senior selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It certainly didn't hurt Ben Cousins' performance in the 2006 GF.

Anyway, the saddest part of this whole story is that Talia was arrested before he got a chance to have a snort. I noticed the headline story on the Swans website Buddy's Night Out. I hope this is the beginning of a new Big Night Out series from Swans media. Can't wait to hear Michael's story.
    An optimist would say that this was his first foray into the dark side of drugs on the streets and hit bad lick, much like falling pregnant the first time you have sex
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Doesn't make sense on 3 accounts:
    1. It's not time to make a major change to the team structure that is working so well. Playing an extra ruckman in lieu of a speedy midfielder (who would you drop?) would slow the team down and if anything we would rather speed it up a bit.
    2. Both Naismith and Nankervis have been playing under 70% game time. Tippett will be working his way back into game fitness and will also likely have a somewhat reduced game time from normal. So it places an additional burden on the other players that have to take up the load.
    3. North Melbourne have a tall defence capable of defending well against tall forwards. You beat them with speed and gut running. Hawthorn cut them up on the outside.
    Would definitely not play an extra tall for a midfielder.

I would swap Richards with Tippett. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I image he will need more than a few weeks to win back the respect of the playing group and coaching group, before he is even considered for senior selection.
    It's more a matter of punishment than respect. He's done his time. I doubt if the players actually lost respect for him. They just use that terminology because it's the standard footyspeak that goes along with the culture we want to project to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Would definitely not play an extra tall for a midfielder.

I would swap Richards with Tippett. Simple.
    If Tippett is in, then it's more of a choice between Nankervis and Richards. I can't see why we would drop Richards, who has been a revelation up forward kicking 9 goals in 4 games and taking marks all over the ground. No knock on Nankervis, but with Tippett coming back he would just be a extra lumbering ruckman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Talia (if fit) will be selected in the NEAFL this week.

How he performs will determine if he gets elevated into the seniors. Nothing to do with a pecking order, and nothing to do with "respect". He's done his time, and from August 19th is just like any other player on the list. You cant keep punishing people for ever.

It's more a matter of punishment than respect. He's done his time. I doubt if the players actually lost respect for him. They just use that terminology because it's the standard footyspeak that goes along with the culture we want to project to the media.

If Tippett is in, then it's more of a choice between Nankervis and Richards. I can't see why we would drop Richards, who has been a revelation up forward kicking 9 goals in 4 games and taking marks all over the ground. No knock on Nankervis, but with Tippett coming back he would just be a extra lumbering ruckman.
    Both points make perfect sense Ludwig.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You cant keep punishing people for ever.
    The AFL can, if you dare to recruit Buddy.

Warming the Bench
    Tippett should come in but needs to be for a ruckman. X offers something different, a good mark and set shot but also very mobile. He seemed to be marking all over the ground last weekend.

Would be great for Nankervis to play in front of friends and family in Hobart but I think he'll go for Tippett, Naismith is the better ruckman at this stage

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast