Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 22 Swans v Kangaroos Aug 20 Hobart

Senior Player

Rnd 22 Swans v Kangaroos Aug 20 Hobart

Like many people I haven't quite forgotten that the Kangaroos had a sizeable number of fans at ANZ last
    year that booed Adam's final kick in footy. So for that reason alone I am hoping we reap absolute carnage upon them in Hobart. Hopefully we can go one better than what GWS did to Richmond, and not let North score at all. But in the real world, us by 70.

I am flying down early in the morning for a long weekend with the better half in Hobart and a day at Bellrieve to hopefully see us rip the Roos a new one. As long as we get the win, that is the main thing - but I'd take us turning it on again like we did in the second half last week
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I am flying down early in the morning for a long weekend with the better half in Hobart and a day at Bellrieve to hopefully see us rip the Roos a new one. As long as we get the win, that is the main thing - but I'd take us turning it on again like we did in the second half last week
    I arrived today! Bloody freezing! But pretty
    We need a big win coz the Crows are hot on out heels, c'mon Port!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I don't think it's going to be a walk in the park for Adelaide this time. Port is playing for pride and for them it will be essential to play well against the home town rival. They know how they'll be treated by their fans if they lose by the same margin as in R02.

I love Hobart. Wish I was going to the game but I'm already doing too much work travel atm.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    Heading down in a few hours, can't wait. Salamanca markets, a big win (fingers crossed) and a nice dinner afterwards, Saturdays don't get much better than that!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    We arrived this morning - windy but quite temperate i thought today. Went out to MONA after we arrived and saw several sporting swannies colours. Thoroughly looking forward to tomorrow's game!

Those down in Hobart with a car can visit Ludwig's old home town of Cygnet. It's a very scenic drive along Cygnet Coast Road.

Senior Player
    I'd like to recommend Kingston Beach for a lovely quiet walk along the beach, Kingston Golf Club for the 9th best golf course in Tassy, and then maybe drop into the Beachside Hotel Motel where I did some of my more character building underage drinking.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Like many people I haven't quite forgotten that the Kangaroos had a sizeable number of fans at ANZ last
    year that booed Adam's final kick in footy. So for that reason alone I am hoping we reap absolute carnage upon them in Hobart. Hopefully we can go one better than what GWS did to Richmond, and not let North score at all. But in the real world, us by 70.
    +1.

In Hobart for the first time in 30 years, plenty of Swans fans around, and we're eating and drinking like kings and queens. Top it off with a good old fashioned spanking to send the Roos out of the finals and it will be a near perfect weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    We arrived this morning - windy but quite temperate i thought today. Went out to MONA after we arrived and saw several sporting swannies colours. Thoroughly looking forward to tomorrow's game!
    We were out there - red and white scarves were almost de rigeur.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    +1.

In Hobart for the first time in 30 years, plenty of Swans fans around, and we're eating and drinking like kings and queens. Top it off with a good old fashioned spanking to send the Roos out of the finals and it will be a near perfect weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

We were out there - red and white scarves were almost de rigeur.
    I think Jamie McMillan will be very suprised how many swans fans will be there tomorrow: No Cookies | The Mercury
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Been wearing my Swans gear around Hobart for the last two days. Most people pretty positive & seen plenty of other Swans clad fans today.
    Currently sitting in the hotel room that overlooks North Hobart Oval, watching Hobart City Demons leading Lauderdale Bombers, out the window while enjoying a wine, as a warmup for tomorrow!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast