Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 22 v North Melbourne

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Is Marsh for Talia based on LTIL or can players be swapped onto the senior list as needed?

Or did Talia get injured again and I didn't hear about it?
    Last edited by Industrial Fan; 18th August 2016 at 09:47 PM.

Ahhh, second week in a row that the 'changes' thread didn't start till Thursday arvo. Surely a sign of contentment amongst us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Ahhh, second week in a row that the 'changes' thread didn't start till Thursday arvo. Surely a sign of contentment amongst us fans.
    It's wrong isn't it? Barely checked this forum since the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Is Marsh for Talia based on LTIL or can players be swapped onto the senior list as needed?

Once you go on the LTIL you have to remain there for a minimum of 8 weeks. Hence the story in the papers today about Tippett actually being ready to play last week but couldn't because 8 weeks hadn't past since he was put on the LTIL. Also I believe you have to be injured, you can't just put senior list player on the injured list just to promote a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I don't understand. Isn't the makeup of the forward line the same as it has been for the past few weeks. Tippett in for Nankervis and if anything is actually making our forward line more mobile.
    Tippett is likely to spend more time forward than Nankervis has, so it will be different.

With Buddy playing further up the ground we've wanted someone to play that deeper role, but Tippett can now do that.

I don't think you also need Richards there when Tippett is - particularly given that Heeney and Rohan can take contested marks (hence my reference to them originally).

Richards has been OK against non-finals teams, but I think we're better off with another ground level player given Tippett will crash more packs and bring the ball to ground - even that is Parker spending more time forward, or K.Jack (as in the Geelong game).

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    It's wrong isn't it? Barely checked this forum since the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, well if this is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

This is a bit of a mystery. It was reported on 19 May that Talia (and Robinson) had been placed on LTI list, and that Marsh had been elevated to the senior list. At the time Harley was quoted as saying the Swans were confident that Talia would be ready to play after 8 weeks (the minimum time required once on LTI list). That would have taken Talia up to 14 July.

I recall that near the end of that period Talia was being listed as being 2-3 weeks away from returning. Then Talia's 'unfortunate incident' was reported on 18 July, the Swans suspended him, and he went back to being listed as 'indefinite' on the LTI list.

I've just checked today's AFL injury list by club and Talia is not mentioned at all (while Robinson is being listed as 2-3 weeks away from return).

However the new report re Talia on the LTI list and Marsh elevated seems to suggest that the Swans have reported Talia to the AFL as still being injured and Marsh still being elevated (perhaps too late for Talia to be on the published list?). Whether that means Talia returned to training this week and proved to be still unfit, or perhaps got re-injured - or perhaps it is a matter of convenience for the Swans?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Whether that means Talia returned to training this week and proved to be still unfit, or perhaps got re-injured - or perhaps it is a matter of convenience for the Swans?
    I think with Talia and Robinson it's just a pragmatic decision where they've decided Marsh and Foote are more likely to be required, and given they've got existing injuries (ie. haven't returned yet) we can get away with saying they are 'still injured'.

Otherwise we'd have Talia and Robinson eligible but we aren't going to need them, but have Marsh and Foote stuck on the Rookie List. Even so we're not likely to need any of them, but better to keep our options open.

Maybe they had to take Talia of the LTIL when they suspended him and now he goes back? That's a wild stab in the dark

Veterans List
    Basically it seems they've told Talia and Robinson to get right for next season, and brought in more required players for genuine depth. Clever planning with the 'big dance' fast approaching.

Just as an aside .... it's freezing down here in Hobart!!
    Arrived this morning. Shoulda brought more jumpers with me! Bring on Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Just as an aside .... it's freezing down here in Hobart!!
    Arrived this morning. Shoulda brought more jumpers with me! Bring on Saturday!!
    Do any of our players play in long sleeves? I can't remember any that do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast