Thread: Round 21: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Blacktown

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    5 Swans made the NEAFL Team of the Year

Foote Jack Nankervis Newman and O'Riordan. Shaw coach of the year

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Good to see Foote got shoe horned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought Newman was again BOG for us. I would put Sam Reid on the LTIL, elevate Newman and play him next week in place of Towers. I know it's late in the year to make changes, but I can see him slotting in easily. He's very composed, reads the ball well and kicks well. I think he's a better option in our side than either Towers, Cunningham, or McGlynn. At least we should give it a go against Richmond.

The commentators were calling the game the Derickx cup. Tom had yet another highlight for comic play of the game in the first minute of the 2nd half. He's so confident that he always finds a bit of time in the game for a bit of Tom Foolery.

Foote got plenty of the ball and also looks more of a complete player than Towers. He can tackle too.

Laidler was okay as well and would be my second choice to shore up our defence. Poor Teddy played forward, kicked 2 goals, but didn't look an AFL player.

Dawson continues to impress with his vision and disposal, especially by foot.
    Totally agree re: Newman. He should have been picked weeks ago! But there is little to no chance of it happening now and I fear that he'll end up leaving at the end of the year and we'll lose another quality ready made half back to an opposition team.

Not sure what the coaches are seeing that we aren't by not giving him a go!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Good to see Foote got shoe horned in.
    Stop that, or there may be a stray trident coming your way.

Impressive that Shaw was coach of the year, given that he was a first year coach. Impressive that Newman made the side, since he is a rookie lister. Impressive that Foote made the side, since he is a local rookie lister. Super impressive that O'Riordan made the side, since he is such a rookie, that he hadn't even played the game until this year.

The wrong Derickx made Team of the Year. Some people don't understand the value of entertainment in sport.

Hardly relevant here, but that You Tube highlight does show up how McVeigh was on the money with his speed at kicking in a comparable position

That Team of the Year shows what a parlous state AFL is in Queensland. I know injuries play a big part, but it's hard to believe not one young player from either Suns or Lions was considered good enough for the team...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That Team of the Year shows what a parlous state AFL is in Queensland. I know injuries play a big part, but it's hard to believe not one young player from either Suns or Lions was considered good enough for the team...
    It probably has a lot to do with the fact that most of them have had to play senior football due to both clubs' injury lists.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Ugg, the game really isn't worth watching, except for the first minute of the 3rd qtr. The 2nd qtr. was terrible and doesn't get much better.
    Worth the price of asdmission..well, if I'd been there anyway. But fabulous to watch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast