Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 21: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Blacktown

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Worth the price of asdmission..well, if I'd been there anyway. But fabulous to watch.
    Funny thing is I believe patrons had to pay $10 to watch on Saturday!

Also heard while you couldn't see on stream was that it was very windy which may have contributed to the poor skill level.
    I also noticed that Uni's two leading goal scorers fail to kick a goal between them which speaks well for the defence that was without COR & Teddy!
    Plus in physical game it was good to see topups Wilson, Reinhard & Brown get amongst the scorers again.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaguey View Post
    Funny thing is I believe patrons had to pay $10 to watch on Saturday!

Also heard while you couldn't see on stream was that it was very windy which may have contributed to the poor skill level.
    I also noticed that Uni's two leading goal scorers fail to kick a goal between them which speaks well for the defence that was without COR & Teddy!
    Plus in physical game it was good to see topups Wilson, Reinhard & Brown get amongst the scorers again.
    I've never had to pay to watch NEAFL, if you did you may have been scammed.

I'm still halfway through the last quarter, but am yet to see what Hebron did to deserve BOG status. Not saying he had a bad game but nothing outstanding. Started on the wing then made his way back into defence once Tedward went forward. Maybe they were confusing him with Baron-Hay who had the task on the other Derickx in the 2nd half and did a great job on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I've never had to pay to watch NEAFL, if you did you may have been scammed.

I'm still halfway through the last quarter, but am yet to see what Hebron did to deserve BOG status. Not saying he had a bad game but nothing outstanding. Started on the wing then made his way back into defence once Ted
    ward went forward. Maybe they were confusing him with Baron-Hay who had the task on the other Derickx in the 2nd half and did a great job on him.
    Just confirmed people had to pay as junior finals were on & unless you were on the officials list pay up !!
    I still think for 18 year olds they are doing pretty good ! Non AFL teams are much more physical in the contest. Didn't know he got one of the BOG though !
    Think GWS jagged the easier side of the draw as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Leaguey View Post
    Think GWS jagged the easier side of the draw as well !
    Not sure about that. I think Uni definitely stronger than Aspley and NT this year.

Will be interesting to see if the finals eligibility rule comes into play when the Swans and Giants play their final as it coincides with the AFL bye. If it does, guys like Laidler, Richards, McGlynn and Jones (if fit) may miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Not sure about that. I think Uni definitely stronger than Aspley and NT this year.

Will be interesting to see if the finals eligibility rule comes into play when the Swans and Giants play their final as it coincides with the AFL bye. If it does, guys like Laidler, Richards, McGlynn and Jones (if fit) may miss out.
    I think it would be fair for any player not in the this round's seniors side to be allowed to play in the NEAFL next week. They shouldn't be penalised for a quirk in scheduling. It would really be unfair for those trying to build match fitness after recovering from injury.

Funny description of O'Riordan's slow trip back to Sydney from Darwin.

'"It's not easy passing time when you're spending 12 hours on the road, four days straight with the same company. "It was good chat for six hours; after that it went a bit downhill," O'Riordan joked.

"The chat ended pretty quick. First day was good, trying to find out a bit about each other. As the trip went on there wasn't much chat at all, it was just silence."'

Swans rookie Colin O'Riordan's long road home from Darwin to Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Funny description of O'Riordan's slow trip back to Sydney from Darwin.

'"It's not easy passing time when you're spending 12 hours on the road, four days straight with the same company. "It was good chat for six hours; after that it went a bit downhill," O'Riordan joked.

"The chat ended pretty quick. First day was good, trying to find out a bit about each other. As the trip went on there wasn't much chat at all, it was just silence."'

Swans rookie Colin O'Riordan's long road home from Darwin to Sydney
    And flat road, flat, straight road, that looked just like the previous 100 kilometres of @@@@ing straight, flat road. Aww, @@@@ this, I'm going back to Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And flat road, flat, straight road, that looked just like the previous 100 kilometres of @@@@ing straight, flat road. Aww, @@@@ this, I'm going back to Ireland!
    Hey, I just discovered the automatic swear filter that we have here! I mean, I typed in a term that was popularized on Father Ted and I got those @@@.

But if he wants to go back to Ireland anytime soon, it will have to be by ship! Wonder how he would describe the endless vision of sea, sea and more sea!

Alex Johnson stayed the 1st 3 nights in hospital with Colin according to an article in the Daily Telegraph.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    Murray getting knocked out by Barton in the last was a lowlight. Should be a holiday for Mr Barton.
    Barton not in the Sydney Uni team this week, must have received a suspension.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123