Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qatar - New Sponsor

Blog Entries

Qatar - New Sponsor

Qatar Airways get very good reviews on Trip Advisor. I wonder if Swans' members will get access to discount fares .......?

That would be nice Meg!!
    I'm not an overseas traveller (at all), but I have been told (from my cousin who is a Qantas hostie) that their economy class is just awesome.
    They have extra wide seats and they still serve meals on trays (to the hostie, that's just old school!).
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    That would be nice Meg!!
    I'm not an overseas traveller (at all), but I have been told (from my cousin who is a Qantas hostie) that their economy class is just awesome.
    They have extra wide seats and they still serve meals on trays (to the hostie, that's just old school!).
    Who's "their"? Which Q?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Rumour has it that this was due to be announced earlier but was delayed due to the bad press re Talia so, if true, happy it got resolved

I'm slightly unsettled by this given Qatar's human rights record, the way they bought the World Cup and the way they treat the workers building the stadia.

On the flip side, it does continue to highlight how attractive the Swans are as a club (or "brand" in market speak) for big business. I think I read that this deal may push as past Collingwood for top dog in the sponsorship revenue stakes. These guys also sponsor Barcelona, so I assume that means we can expect a trade deal for Lionel Messi sooner rather than later?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm slightly unsettled by this given Qatar's human rights record, the way they bought the World Cup and the way they treat the workers building the stadia.

On the flip side, it does continue to highlight how attractive the Swans are as a club (or "brand" in market speak) for big business. I think I read that this deal may push as past Collingwood for top dog in the sponsorship revenue stakes. These guys also sponsor Barcelona, so I assume that means we can expect a trade deal for Lionel Messi sooner rather than later?
    Yeh the Qatar human rights issue sits a bit uneasy with me - but I have no evidence to suggest it extends to Qatar Airways. Would never fly Qatar Airways anyway, but happy for their $$$$ to help our Swannies, as every $ ultimately counts in the sport that AFL is these days.

I reckon Messi could make a decent goal sneak
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm slightly unsettled by this given Qatar's human rights record, the way they bought the World Cup and the way they treat the workers building the stadia....
    and (I am really hesitant to say this and derail the thread but) Australia's record is so much better?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Relevant to an earlier post of mine:

"To celebrate our new partnership, Qatar Airways is offering Swans members a special discount valid for travel to selected destinations, including 40 European cities, flying from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth.

Simply use the promotion code 'WELCOMESWANS' when booking on QATARAIRWAYS.COM.AU to enjoy 10% off* your next Qatar Airways flight. Valid UNTIL 28 AUGUST 2016, for travel from now UNTIL 23 JUNE 2017."

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Relevant to an earlier post of mine:

"To celebrate our new partnership, Qatar Airways is offering Swans members a special discount valid for travel to selected destinations, including 40 European cities, flying from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth.

Simply use the promotion code 'WELCOMESWANS' when booking on QATARAIRWAYS.COM.AU to enjoy 10% off* your next Qatar Airways flight. Valid UNTIL 28 AUGUST 2016, for travel from now UNTIL 23 JUNE 2017."
    Only 5 days to book though!

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I would travel with Qatar Airways with no problems. No beef with Qantas as they have been super and also Emirates is great.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Who's "their"? Which Q?
    Sorry, Qatar's.
    She flew with them to Europe when they first started flying here.
    I've know a lot of people who have flown to the Middle East with them... nothing but praise.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast