Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Like Sydney - Malthouse

I Don't Like Sydney - Malthouse

'I don't like Sydney' - Malthouse says premiership favourites cannot win flag

He's such a dismal piece of @@@@ - his thoughts are so simplistic and unimaginative (much like his coaching), even when being paid to provide insights in the media.

Fine to have your opinion and think certain sides can't win it, but he bases his comments re: Hawthorn on one game, and can't fathom the prospect that over a couple of years you can actually evolve your plan/style and personnel also changes.

To say there is "something missing with Sydney in finals ... their midfield, for some reason or other, doesn�t seem to be able to be able to match it" is just embarrassing for him. Other than the 2014 GF there hasn't been a final that you could say that about our midfield - really any final we've lost since 2011 has been due to missing important players through injury.

Perfect timing !!!!!

361172-king-of-moomba-mick-malthouse.jpg

He's a relic from 6 years ago. Reminds me of Blight in that he's an over-opinionated old timer with old-school methods that don't work anymore. Maybe a little more enjoyable to watch than Blight though.

Also reminds me of Jeff Kennett's comments about the Geelong Cats being mentally weak.

Senior Player
    What Malthouse should have said to MMM :
    "Hey, sorry fellas, I know you're keen for another footy story because you need something to keep the ads apart, but I really think I shouldn't say anything about footy because after my debacle at Carlton it's finally dawned on me that my best days are well and truly behind me. I really just haven't got a clue anymore, the game has completely passed me by."

Cheers Mick
    I don't like Carlton, Collingwood or the Eagles either

It's good to know that even if you're senile, some people will still listen to you.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    He's entitled to his opinion. I would guess a lot on here would have said something similar through the year.

Happier if we are the underdog so not much of a story really.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Perfect timing !!!!!
    Precisely. If our midfield don't take that as a motivator to aim up, nothing will.
    In fairness to Mick, he probably still can't get past the 2014 GF capitulation and to be honest it was such an insipid performance you can hardly blame him...

Just an opinion. I'm sure all of us think one of the top 4 can't win it for whatever reason.

I'm with Triple B. I still can't shake 2014. Injuries derailed the 2013 and 2015 campaigns.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Happier if we are the underdog so not much of a story really.[/QUOTE]

There's a grain of truth in this. Having watched us get smashed in 2014 it hard to disagree we went missing. That said, everything changes and the Hawks are showing their age. Of course if the 2014 GF was played in Sydney it might have been a different story.

Is Maltmouth changing feet?
    He's about as relevant as Eddie.

Where is Eddie, by the way?
    Been awfully quiet of late.
    Wonder why.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Precisely. If our midfield don't take that as a motivator to aim up, nothing will.
    In fairness to Mick, he probably still can't get past the 2014 GF capitulation and to be honest it was such an insipid performance you can hardly blame him...
    Spot on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast