Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open Mike - Tuesday 23 August

Veteran Site Admin

Open Mike - Tuesday 23 August

For those of you who have access to Fox Footy but aren't avid watchers of Open Mike might want to set the IQ for this week's programme, with Swans supremo Andrew Ireland as special guest.

Whoooo hooooo.
    Thanks for the heads up Liz.
    Should be very interesting viewing.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I watched the Mark Jacko Jackson one last night.
    I have sore ribs from laughing.
    Bring back Jacko.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I watched the Mark Jacko Jackson one last night.
    I have sore ribs from laughing.
    Bring back Jacko.
    Really??

I thought it was just pretty ordinary form on Jacko's part, not the least bit humorous. Each to their own I guess...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Really??

I thought it was just pretty ordinary form on Jacko's part, not the least bit humorous. Each to their own I guess...
    Sheehan KNEW what was coming up... Jacko said as much when he mentioned their chat in the "green room" and told him when he asked Jacko to be interviewed, that it'll be on Jacko's terms.
    If I could be bothered, I'd go back 20 years and look for the article that Jacko kept alluding to. Every time he mentioned it, Mike went green at the gills.
    I'm sorry if you're offended, but he's right. Journalists have ruined many people's careers by bull@@@@ting.
    I've always loved Jacko. He's one of the characters of the game. He just doesn't care what people think... a man after my own heart.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Sheehan KNEW what was coming up... Jacko said as much when he mentioned their chat in the "green room" and told him when he asked Jacko to be interviewed, that it'll be on Jacko's terms.
    If I could be bothered, I'd go back 20 years and look for the article that Jacko kept alluding to. Every time he mentioned it, Mike went green at the gills.
    I'm sorry if you're offended, but he's right. Journalists have ruined many people's careers by bull@@@@ting.
    I've always loved Jacko. He's one of the characters of the game. He just doesn't care what people think... a man after my own heart.
    Agree entirely....should be more like him. Threw the 'media training book' out the window and stayed true to himself, and the entertainment value was gold. Far better than all the cliched crap that most players come out with these days. PS: Apologies for my own cliche above ('stayed true to himself'!!....but he did.)

I watched the Andrew Ireland open Mike and saw one reason why the Swans have become such a powerhouse. One of the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Prt View Post
    I watched the Andrew Ireland open Mike and saw one reason why the Swans have become such a powerhouse. One of the very best.
    It's a massive job, a $50million (turnover) business, 150 people (including players) on the books, Ireland is one of the very best .
    Hope they can go all the way for him again before he goes (end of 2018).

Is it a certainty he will go at the end of 2018?
    Couldn't he pull an Eddie and stay (and stay and stay)?

I thought Jacko was a classless scumbag looking for some bookings to his Sportsman's nights. Didn't care enough to be offended though.

Andrew Ireland was terrific.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Agree entirely....should be more like him. Threw the 'media training book' out the window and stayed true to himself, and the entertainment value was gold. Far better than all the cliched crap that most players come out with these days. PS: Apologies for my own cliche above ('stayed true to himself'!!....but he did.)
    Yeah, nah. There are already quite enough like him. Way too many in fact.

Goes up to 11
    I just hope there are more Andrew Irelands out there walking the streets and less Mark Jacksons.

When I watched Jacko's performance I though "geez this guy's allowed out in public????"
    It's a bit scary that completely unhinged nutters like him are out there....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast