Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 v Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The interesting thing about Laidler vs Cunningham is that Laider is the better footballer, but Cunninghams pace is probably keep him in ahead of Laidler.
    I have a feeling Laidler is backup to a settled back six. But I have a feeling Horse is still a little nervous about Allir in the finals.
    Teddy is the ready made replacement for Allir if they go that way.

Jack for Papley would be my change.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    Aliir has hardly put a foot wrong in the past month so I hope Horse continues to back him in the finals.
    Just like a young AJ four years ago. Slotted into the team like a 100 game veteran.
    I hope Laidler gets back, I like his agro, and if we to play the Dawks then we need a couple of those who love the niggle plus he is a dependable defender who rarely gets beaten.
    I actually see Laidler and Smooch as being very similar. Not quick, not great (but not bad either) with the ball but will their all to stop their player.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Teddy is the ready made replacement for Allir if they go that way.

Jack for Papley would be my change.
    I'm sorry my friend, Teddy's cooked.

Jack for McGlynn. No brainer.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Jack for Mcglynn, he played ok but not as if his career was on the line. Papley is a must for mine up forward, switched on from the 1st bounce
    I love Mcglynn but takes too much game to get going
    Laidler for Cunningham, HC made a few silly errors. I still think he should be used as a primary tagger on an opposition Mid.
    Laidler needs a game before finals, we cant call on him in a few weeks and expect him to slot straight in, give him and Harry a run and choose the best match up week 1.

Someone for Christ sake tell Towers not to play-on if he marks it and get way behind the mark so you don't kick into the man (under 10s @@@@@).
    His pace is good in free flow but he is so stupid against the tide 3 times a game. That stuff cost games as he would know.
    Praying for some Miracle that Reid comes up, id play him underdone in the goal square over a fit Towers

To me, parts of Papley's game and intensity remind me of plays like McGlynn's at times. I just hope that Papley is able to take it to a new level, something McGlynn struggled with for various reasons.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Papley seems to be able to unsettle opposition players. In his last two games, he was assaulted by two St Kilda defenders whilst on the bottom of a pack and then this week against North got into a a similar tiff with Harvey (not hard to do admittedly).
    Thought Zac Jones deserves another chance to get back, is he available this week?

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Papley seems to be able to unsettle opposition players. In his last two games, he was assaulted by two St Kilda defenders whilst on the bottom of a pack and then this week against North got into a a similar tiff with Harvey (not hard to do admittedly).
    Thought Zac Jones deserves another chance to get back, is he available this week?
    Loved when Papley outmuscled Hodge and kicked that goal from around 50 out.
    I think Zac has another fortnight so might be available for the first week of finals but would be a big risk.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Loved when Papley outmuscled Hodge and kicked that goal from around 50 out.
    I think Zac has another fortnight so might be available for the first week of finals but would be a big risk.
    Yes, that was the highlight of the Hawthorn game for me.

Changes for me is simple McGlynn for Jack

Cunningham is on notice big time but I don't know who to replace him with, I'd prefer Nic Newman but its not gonna happen.

Feels good to have Teddy and Laidler in reserve

Jack for Mclgynn for mine. I wasn't convinced by mcglynn, although his second half was better. For balance, it has to be either him or Papley that goes out in my book, and I'd stick with Papley as we have all season as the small forward.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Time to start thinking finals. I don't think mcglynn will play a role in September pending injuries. Had an okay game on the weekend but there's no one else I can see coming out for Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast