Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 v Richmond

Here's where I stand with McGylnn.
    I feel for him. He missed a flag, and this is his last chance.
    I'd love to see him with confetti streaming behind him at the end of the GF, but I don't think he's in our best 22 any longer.
    I'm happy for him to get a GF gig due to injury to another player, but failing that....

Same with McVeigh. I've been a fair critic of his form, but I think he is a best 22 player as it stands.
    Next year it's possible he'll do a Teddy and not get back, but he may also play well enough to keep his spot.

I think Papley has to stay. He's done enough and playing finals is a bit part of future development for him.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Looks like Sam Reid's been pushed out to the never never on the Injury Update: 5 to 7 weeks. Hopefully he'll have a big preseason for the premiership defence.

Wait for it.....

OUT: Sweet Bloody Caroline.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Looks like Sam Reid's been pushed out to the never never on the Injury Update: 5 to 7 weeks. Hopefully he'll have a big preseason for the premiership defence.
    The AFL Injury List say 6-8, which is a moot point since it means he is out for the season in any case. I don't know why we don't put him on the LTIL and decide who will get the 2nd upgrade once Robbo comes off the list. All of this probably won't matter.

As for the team selections in general, I'm not sure who we should replace for KJ. I was pleased with McGlynn's performance on the Saturday. He may add more to the team than Towers when the pressure is on.

There are many contenders for the final 2 spots in the side going into the finals:
    McGlynn
    Cunningham
    Towers
    Jones (should be fit for finals)
    Laidler

If we get past these it will more be a matter of injury replacement than form, which is more or less settled at this stage. I can make a case for any of these 5 to have a spot in the side. Jones would be my first pick if he gets a clearance to play in the NEAFL the previous week and does well. I prefer Cunningham as a tagger for someone like Brad Hill or Charlie Cameron. Not a big fan for him as a defender. Towers will have less impact with the addition of Tippett and McGlynn, and I worry about him when the pressure is up. I like Laidler in the side is we play Adelaide because of their many talls they have.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Wait for it.....

You could be right this week, I heard that Benny has been in Longmire's office all week demanding Play Me.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Wait for it.....

That's just ridiculous - to call for such an important change, on the eve of finals, when we are sitting in first place and are premiership favourites, would risk throwing team balance and harmony awry and would completely disregard poor Caroline's important contribution all year.

She stays for mine.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The AFL Injury List say 6-8, which is a moot point since it means he is out for the season in any case. I don't know why we don't put him on the LTIL and decide who will get the 2nd upgrade once Robbo comes off the list. All of this probably won't matter.

As for the team selections in general, I'm not sure who we should replace for KJ. I was pleased with McGlynn's performance on the Saturday. He may add more to the team than Towers when the pressure is on.

There are many contenders for the final 2 spots in the side going into the finals:
    McGlynn
    Cunningham
    Towers
    Jones (should be fit for finals)
    Laidler

If we get past these it will more be a matter of injury replacement than form, which is more or less settled at this stage. I can make a case for any of these 5 to have a spot in the side. Jones would be my first pick if he gets a clearance to play in the NEAFL the previous week and does well. I prefer Cunningham as a tagger for someone like Brad Hill or Charlie Cameron. Not a big fan for him as a defender. Towers will have less impact with the addition of Tippett and McGlynn, and I worry about him when the pressure is up. I like Laidler in the side is we play Adelaide because of their many talls they have.
    Good post. Yea I question Towers's ability to handle the pressure moments. His tackling still remains a worry for me. But I do like the way he tries and breaks the lines by dashing through the pack. Laidler in only if we play Adelaide otherwise I CANNOT see a spot for him. I would like Jones back when fit and I would give Mcglynn another chance to prove his worth this Saturday. His tackling is still good, just hope he still has the runs in his legs for placing the forward pressure on the defenders.

Warming the Bench
    Buddy might be out. Do we bring in Nankervis and leave Tippett in the forward line?

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Buddy might be out. Do we bring in Nankervis and leave Tippett in the forward line?
    Might be a good excuse to bring in Teddy for his last game?

Giving Buddy a couple of weeks off seems like a good idea to me.

He's looked a bit sore of late and spent a bit of time in the sheds in Hobart. With some big games around the corner, a freshen up seems appropriate and earned.

Despite our poor record against them in recent years, I think we have Richmond covered this week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Might be a good excuse to bring in Teddy for his last game?
    If he's out, that's the change I'd make (and that's on merit/team balance)

If Buddy misses, I suspect it will be just Jack in for him and McGlynn will survive.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast