Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 v Richmond

Buddy's injury appears to be the sort that playing will not make it worse. Since we have the bye coming up I'm more in favour of having him play and then he has 2 weeks off. 3 weeks is a bit long.

This is the week we play the best available and play it out for the whole match. Its a home match so no traveling.

If Buddy's not up for this weekend, Kizza for Buddy is simple - although agree there is also the option of bringing Nank in, which is more complicated. I can't see them dropping Towers at the moment.

I'm not optimistic about Jones making it back to the senior team this year without injuries but, if he can, then surely he'll replace Harry.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Jack and Marsh for Towers and Mills!!

Towers has been omitted Mills with a calf injury

Emg: Foote Nankervis Towers

So no chance of a farewell game for Teddy then

Richmond
    Chol for Menadue
    Emg: Broad Butler Menadue

To be honest I would rather Towers than McGlynn

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. Like for like on Mills/Marsh and like for like on Jack/Towers given Towers has been playing midfield lately, but has dropped away the last few weeks. Plus, McGlynn can shift to that link role in the forward half which he did well as the game went on last week and leave Papley to play as small forward.

Laidler firmly behind Marsh in the pecking order as I postulated a few weeks ago. It can't be purely form based as Laidler has been named in the best players list for the NEAFL the last three games and Marsh only once. Can't be experience as Laidler is certainly more experienced.

I can only think Marsh's speed is the point of difference.

Is Laidler still injured? What's with Marsh getting the nod ahead of Richards and Laidler?

As longmile said, I'm a bit peeved Towers is out rather than McGlynn. McGlynn is a liability. That 'Rudy-like' charm can only get you so far. Disappointed. McGlynn can't perform in big games and I think the result would have been different in 2012 if he had played.

Tough call on towers

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I suspect Towers for Buddy might be a late change, but Marsh is a strange one to me.

Probably on the basis that he'll be straight out next week for Mills, but surely Laidler would be the better option looking ahead, and a run at the higher tempo of seniors still better for him even if we planned for him to drop back out the next week - just in case he's needed during the finals.

Overall, going into a final I'd prefer Towers to X.Richards and Laidler to Marsh.

I'm also fairly nervous re: Allir in a final - I think there were a few signs against North (particularly early on) which showed that he can be caught out defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I suspect Towers for Buddy might be a late change, but Marsh is a strange one to me.

Probably on the basis that he'll be straight out next week for Mills, but surely Laidler would be the better option looking ahead, and a run at the higher tempo of seniors still better for him even if we planned for him to drop back out the next week - just in case he's needed during the finals.

Overall, going into a final I'd prefer Towers to X.Richards and Laidler to Marsh.

I'm also fairly nervous re: Allir in a final - I think there were a few signs against North (particularly early on) which showed that he can be caught out defensively.
    XR is playing a very different role to towers - i dont think they are comparable and XR has done well in his role.

Tough on towers but is it as much to give marsh and harry c a 'showdown' for that last spot in the back 6. Again Laidler is a different style of defender to either of them.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Is Laidler still injured? What's with Marsh getting the nod ahead of Richards and Laidler?

As longmile said, I'm a bit peeved Towers is out rather than McGlynn. McGlynn is a liability. That 'Rudy-like' charm can only get you so far. Disappointed. McGlynn can't perform in big games and I think the result would have been different in 2012 if he had played.
    if 2016 mcglynn played in 2012 then yes but he was a different player then and in top form.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast