Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Sledging Swans?

Senior Player

Super Sledging Swans?

�I know we�ve got a lot of sledgers in our team, but when it�s a final it�s so pressured and there�s so much stuff going on, it�s pretty hard to think outside the box and start sledging,� Hannebery said.

This was interesting to hear regarding Wherefield and his decision to disappear when a drug test was in the wind and how Sydney will use this next week.
    I wasn't aware that the Swans were big on sledging so this was a surprise to me.
    Given this comment can anyone enlighten me as to who our sledgers are and who is the club champion. I assume that Buddy would be capable of a few words but who else do we have?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I didn't think we were big sledgers either but I have heard that Benny doesn't mind a bit of a chat. When it comes to sledging, I thought GWS led the field.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought Hanners said the opposite - that we don't have many sledgers in the team. At least, that's what I heard.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    That's what I thought I heard too but I'll admit I had it on in the background and wasn't paying full attention

Senior Player
    Edit the actual conversation from Dan was we haven't got a lot of sledgers
    This was then reported as " we have ".
    Sloppy journalism and potentially harmful to the image of a club.
    Thank goodness as I believed our team was better than that.
    Although interesting to hear Josh say he wouldn't have an issue with it though????????????

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports
    Last edited by Faunac8; 4th September 2016 at 02:14 PM.

The question I want to ask is should we have more sledgers in our team and resort to dirty tactics to win?

Seems to work for putrid clubs like Hawthorn.

I think we probably avoid a lot of report by not playing a role in the sledging.
    You'd think that at times players who engage in sledging a lot would get worked up until they explode.

Candidates for sledging at the Swans would be Jones, Hanners, McGlynn, maybe Laidler, and I can see it is Rohan in more of a light hearted way.

One thing I hate seeing is the way Hawthorn stand the mark when the opposition is having a shot at goal.
    I hate it because it seems very effective and we don't do anything like it.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Id also say Tom Papley and Callum Mills love a sledge also from what ive seen in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I think we probably avoid a lot of report by not playing a role in the sledging.
    You'd think that at times players who engage in sledging a lot would get worked up until they explode.

Candidates for sledging at the Swans would be Jones, Hanners, McGlynn, maybe Laidler, and I can see it is Rohan in more of a light hearted way.

One thing I hate seeing is the way Hawthorn stand the mark when the opposition is having a shot at goal.
    I hate it because it seems very effective and we don't do anything like it.

Senior Player
    C'mon. Australian sportspeople are world-class sledgers and thus it ever was. No reason the Swans would be any different. It's hilarious watching McGlynn at a game, never shuts up, always in someone's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    The question I want to ask is should we have more sledgers in our team and resort to dirty tactics to win?

Seems to work for putrid clubs like Hawthorn.
    Think you answered your own question there.

If you want 'putrid' watch Rance stand the mark. He scratches into the ground a mark that is invariably 1 metre further forward than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If you want 'putrid' watch Rance stand the mark. He scratches into the ground a mark that is invariably 1 metre further forward than it should be.
    It's the defenders job to try & get away with that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast