Thread: Round 22 - North Melbourne v Sydney: The Festival of The Bloods

Warming the Bench

Round 22 - North Melbourne v Sydney: The Festival of The Bloods

Hi guys,

Hope any visitors enjoyed Hobart at the weekend!

I wrote about the match for the Swans website: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...-time-to-dream

Cheer, Cheer.

We need a like button. Great article!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Love this one Joe. Thanks mate - have rewteeted.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I did the trip 3 years ago with my 2 boys; and a great weekend it was. A win, also!

Warming the Bench
    Cheers guys, much appreciated. Was a brilliant weekend.

Yeah a like button would be awesome !!!!

Great article Joe.

Myself and my partner had a fantastic weekend in Hobart - took the Friday and Monday off work to make it an extended visit, and it really was enjoyable. Our first trip to Tassie and thoroughly enjoyed it - the Mrs already is lining up to do a proper couple of weeks down there in the future at some stage.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing so much red and white - and hearing lots and lots of 'good luck swannies' etc around the place on Friday/Saturday as well. There is a strong Swans support down there, as witnessed at the ground. Indeed on local radio yesterday when we were driving around, the DJ was going on about all that 'imported swans support' saying he couldn't believe how much red and white was at the ground on Saturday.

Its great to see the joy that the Swans bring to us is spread far and wide and that there is plenty of Swans down in the Apple Isle. In particular had a wonderful conversation with a lady running a woodcraft shop in Richmond yesterday - her father was a South fan, and so was she was way back when. You could see the exhilaration on her face of getting to see the guys live in her home state on Saturday - and the wonderful support that was on show. I had the feeling that she reached the same conclusion on Saturday that I had the week before at the St Kilda game (And was reinforced by our gritty performance to take a lot of late pressure and hang on against the Roos) - that this team has every chance of going all the way in September! Then the conversation got a bit concerning when she told us about her excitement at getting Heeney to sign her Swans gear - I'm surprised Heeney got away alive.

All in all, an absolutely cracking weekend topped off by an enjoyable arvo at the footy, and most importantly 4 points in the bank
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Thanks mcs & Gerald.

Heeney sounds lucky to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Great article Joe.

Myself and my partner had a fantastic weekend in Hobart - took the Friday and Monday off work to make it an extended visit, and it really was enjoyable. Our first trip to Tassie and thoroughly enjoyed it - the Mrs already is lining up to do a proper couple of weeks down there in the future at some stage.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing so much red and white - and hearing lots and lots of 'good luck swannies' etc around the place on Friday/Saturday as well. There is a strong Swans support down there, as witnessed at the ground. Indeed on local radio yesterday when we were driving around, the DJ was going on about all that 'imported swans support' saying he couldn't believe how much red and white was at the ground on Saturday.

Its great to see the joy that the Swans bring to us is spread far and wide and that there is plenty of Swans down in the Apple Isle. In particular had a wonderful conversation with a lady running a woodcraft shop in Richmond yesterday - her father was a South fan, and so was she was way back when. You could see the exhilaration on her face of getting to see the guys live in her home state on Saturday - and the wonderful support that was on show. I had the feeling that she reached the same conclusion on Saturday that I had the week before at the St Kilda game (And was reinforced by our gritty performance to take a lot of late pressure and hang on against the Roos) - that this team has every chance of going all the way in September! Then the conversation got a bit concerning when she told us about her excitement at getting Heeney to sign her Swans gear - I'm surprised Heeney got away alive.

All in all, an absolutely cracking weekend topped off by an enjoyable arvo at the footy, and most importantly 4 points in the bank
    We took Thurs-Tues off to spend down there (& also went to Richmond!) magnificent time!