Thread: To our RWO forum community: we're having a donation drive, can you help?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Question To our RWO forum community: we're having a donation drive, can you help?

Hello RWO community

Can you help out with a donation towards the running and development costs for redandwhiteonline.com? Funds raised will go towards:

* supporting monthly running costs for RWO going forward - this works out at around $700 a year, which covers external hosting/storage, email/apps, and the newsletter.
    * contributing towards the cost of designing and developing a new RWO website and forum, which we'll start work on in the off season and hopefully have launched ahead of pre-season next year.

Donations are of course optional. Please don't feel obliged to contribute - you already do well beyond what financial means can ever provide. For those who do, any donation will be anonymous if you ask me to treat it that way, otherwise I'd like to acknowledge and thank you, without disclosing the sum.

How to donate
    There is a small green 'Donate' link in the menu bar above. Click on that and it will take you to a Paypal screen. For those who don't wish to use Paypal, there is the option on that same page to donate via credit card....just ignore Paypal's suggestions to register with them etc...you don't need to. Otherwise, PM me for alternative options.

Some more detail on what I have planned
    Check out this thread here for an outline of what's in the works: Help shape the future RWO. Your comments on what you'd like from the new forum/site are still welcome, so please post any suggestions via the thread.

Development will occur outside the current site and when it's ready, we'll migrate you and everything you've posted across. Ideally, this will all be done before the start of pre-season, just to minimise disruption. If we're ready a bit later, I'll work out the best time to do so despite the busy period.

Some acknowledgements
    First up, thank you to ScottH who took over from the RWO's original founder, Desredandwhite, and kept it all running for eight or nine years until I picked it up at the end of the 2014 season. True to his word, Scott has stayed on as a mod and has helped me work it all out behind the scenes. I also have to acknowledge the massive contribution by both Scott and the other moderators towards the daily running of RWO:

Norrislurker
    Liz
    RougueSwan
    Ugg
    Matt79

Thanks Liz and Charlie for you unsolicited (but appreciated) donations this past year.

And thanks everyone in advance.

Dan
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Love to help...
    Can't we have a bank account to put money into?
    So many of us just have an IPAD or IPhone these days...

Cheers

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Thank you, and for sure, I'll send you a PM with details. I didn't realise that the IOS apps don't show the options.

I just can't post my bank account on the forum here. If anyone wants to help out but prefers direct transfer, please send me a PM and I'll respond that way.

Thanks again

Dan
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector