Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Weeks 1-3 - 27th-28th August

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    I understand the concept of "top up" players and when they are not picked they play for their local club, however I don't buy they are on loan from their local clubs when they are play 10 plus game in one competition and a handful in another, it is clearly a disadvantage to those other clubs like uts who have no "top up" players, those games should not count for Sydney afl game.

Callum Mills I believe played 1 game total for North shore so I wont buy that one, my argument is how can Wilson (16 games neafl and 1 syd afl game) Hebron (16 games and 2 syd afl games) let alone the others qualify for finals, this will trickle down to the lower grades giving a ridiculous advantage, you cant do it in any other grade. Im sure other clubs wont budge with it moving forward and that system will be albolished
    Why would we punish clubs that have the ability to attract higher quality players, there are other clubs with these types of players i.e. st george, and though teams like UTS may not have any NEAFL listed players, if every team in the premier division competition had NEAFL listed players/top up players readily available we would not be having this discussion, its as simple as that, have top ups players want to play at your club.

These kids are virtually all u/18's or younger.

If we do not want to encourage them to improve and strive for the next level, simply ban them from playing footy - which is what is being suggested here.

All they want to do is play footy at every opportunity, but let's introduce a rule to stop them.

When it's time for them to come back to Sydney club football - which happens to 99% of them - don't expect them to show any loyalty or support for this comp.

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Why would we punish clubs that have the ability to attract higher quality players, there are other clubs with these types of players i.e. st george, and though teams like UTS may not have any NEAFL listed players, if every team in the premier division competition had NEAFL listed players/top up players readily available we would not be having this discussion, its as simple as that, have top ups players want to play at your club.
    Just a point, the players mentioned earlier are all local juniors who have come up via the U/19's

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Just a point, the players mentioned earlier are all local juniors who have come up via the U/19's
    exactly, they chose they clubs at the end of the day, bad luck if they didn't want to play for UTS, up to your volunteers and players to create an environment were juniors wanna play.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Wilson is Maroubra junior, but plays for North shore? there is no punishment involved, I just believe that 16 neafl games is over qualification......im only talking about finals there should be a qualifaction policy just like every other grade....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    These kids are virtually all u/18's or younger.

If we do not want to encourage them to improve and strive for the next level, simply ban them from playing footy - which is what is being suggested here.

All they want to do is play footy at every opportunity, but let's introduce a rule to stop them.

When it's time for them to come back to Sydney club football - which happens to 99% of them - don't expect them to show any loyalty or support for this comp.
    I don't expect them to show any loyalty....more than 50 percent either move on to other comps or play neafl...seems I have hit a nerve with those affected

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Wilson is Maroubra junior, but plays for North shore? there is no punishment involved, I just believe that 16 neafl games is over qualification......im only talking about finals there should be a qualifaction policy just like every other grade....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't expect them to show any loyalty....more than 50 percent either move on to other comps or play neafl...seems I have hit a nerve with those affected

Wilson is interesting,my league mates say his background is Rugby League & went to Holy Cross College a Ryde (a renown league nursery) but chose the AFL pathway.May explain his senior club in North Shore but not sure about the Maroubra connection.Swans note,apparently he has a younger brother who is an up & coming League player at Holy Cross College.

Wilson, Baron-Hay and Hebron are all out this week because of NEAFL committments. Seems a bit harsh for North Shore doesn't it ?

J Brown in for st george according to team lists.

A couple years ago Maroubra trawled around the inner west and put together with the East Suburbs rep players a super star
    U16/17 team, only lost 1 game in 2 years.

Good day for st george

Both of the Dragons teams found their best form in their respective 2nd halves today.

Between them they kicked 24.13 to 4.2 ... Should be some cracking GF's next week.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online.

Congratulations to Wollondilly (Div 3), Camden (Div 2) and UNSW-ES (Women Premier Division) who took out premierships on Saturday.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast