Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans finish 6th in membership tally

Quote Originally Posted by Bladey Blood View Post
    I didn't expect to be able to attend 9 matches at the start of the season.

Having attended 3, and knowing I'd be able to get to at least another 3, I rang Swans membership and was told my best option was to buy another 3 game membership. Did I misunderstand, Barry, or was I misinformed?
    Oh I see. I thought you brought multiple full-season memberships.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why would you do this ?
    Oh I see. I thought you brought multiple full-season memberships.
    I have four full season memberships including premiership club, but my daughter and I are the only ones that attend every game.
    I decided to continue on with my other children's memberships from when they were kids because now as adults, due to work or boyfriends, the younger two don't come to games that often, but I keep the memberships going so I can take friends whenever I want and I kept the Premiership Club option for all so I have four available GF guarantees.
    I've never had a week when all my entitled entries haven't been used.

They have boyfriends that don't want to come to the footy??!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They have boyfriends that don't want to come to the footy??!!
    I know, weird right?? The oldest one has a footy mad BF, shame he's a bomber man.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I have four full season memberships including premiership club, but my daughter and I are the only ones that attend every game.
    I decided to continue on with my other children's memberships from when they were kids because now as adults, due to work or boyfriends, the younger two don't come to games that often, but I keep the memberships going so I can take friends whenever I want and I kept the Premiership Club option for all so I have four available GF guarantees.
    I've never had a week when all my entitled entries haven't been used.
    Fair enough. But at risk of another "real fan" debate, how to you reconcile the 2 extra's getting GF tickets above other more passionate Swans fans ?

Fair enough. But at risk of another "real fan" debate, how to you reconcile the 2 extra's getting GF tickets above other more passionate Swans fans ?
    No debate, that's a reasonable question.
    Just because they don't get to attend many H & A games, they are still passionate fans and hope to come to the GF.
    If they can't, I will offer them up on this forum.

Veterans List
    Just read the 'Swans soar to new heights' article (afl.com.au) re: club membership, and noticed the total number of club members of all the AFL clubs was now 875,197. At that rate, by about 2020, around 1 in 25 people in the country will be an AFL club member! Wow, impressive! It got me thinking of how NRL memberships compare, so I checked......as of July this year, 295,781 club members in total. Wow.......awkward, but not surprising.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12